Monday, June 02, 2008

A New Baby

Don't get excited, we aren't adopting another one, or expecting (yikes) For weeks we have been watching the very pregnant does waddle around our neighborhood, waiting to see the tiny fawns first appear. Yesterday was the day! The first impossibly tiny, still wobbly fawn was spotted. If the number of large-bellied does is anything to go on, we will be seeing many more fawns this spring. I wanted to sneak out and snag this one away from it's Mama and squeeze it to death it was sooooo cute. I resisted, but I don't know how long my willpower will last if more show up. Is there anything so wonderful as babies, of any kind????



Bambi, come back here! Please let me squeeze you????

Thank you everyone for the advice on our first weeks with Ahren. I don't know why I am so nervous. Maybe because it has taken so long, or maybe because I didn't think it would ever happen. Or maybe it's because this is one of biggest things I have ever done (the whole adoption process) and is so very important. He is so important and special. And worth every bit of it!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So cute! I love the little legs. Mama definitely saw you taking pictures, though. Don't mess with Mama!!

happykosmo said...

Very cute... you just want to eat em up!! (just an expression - not actually wanting to eat Bambi or her mother... icky)

Your place looks/sounds so wonderful. A little forest right in your own back yard. What a wonderful place for all your children to be raised.