Saturday, September 25, 2010

Whats on my TV

I know you are all dying to know what I like to watch on TV. Well today is your lucky day.

Psst. I have to whisper this so the dang Reality Fairy, who apparently reads my blog, won't hear me. You know how she is. The second I say something good, whammo, she smacks me upside the head.

Lately I have been really getting into the quirky shows that ShowTime puts out. Things like Weeds, Dexter, and The Tudors. You have to love a pot-dealing single mom and a forensic scientist/serial killer vigilante. And King Henry VIII? Sexy and scary all at once.

Ever since my talk with the boys yesterday they have been really, really good. All smiles and hugs and regulated. I don't know what I said, but it has been working.

I also really like Bones and House. Then there are my perennial favorites, the cooking shows. I love Top Chef, but have you seen Top Chef: Just Desserts? Those people are INSANE, especially that Seth guy who looks like he is about to go into a violent Roid Rage and kill someone. I mean seriously, the guy was under his table sobbing and calling for his Mommy at one point, and then screaming at people all wild-eyed not long after that. Then he says he wants to make it up to everyone and apparently that means dumping another contestants food on the floor and then crawling around under that guy's feet yelling, 'just step on me'.

I wish I knew exactly what the secret was and why it helped. I know this won't last, other issues will arise, but oh how nice is it to have one lovely, normal day where everyone is happy.

So now you know all about my TV habits. Of course, I never watch anything live....only on DVR or NetFlix. You just can't watch these with small children in the room. Heck, even Top Chef is full of profanity. They bleep the words but somehow Levi has learned to read lips. The day he told me what they bleeped, I quit watching live. Smart kids are such a pain! ;-)

1 comment:

Reba said...

Too funny. I will be careful in my response. Don't want the Reality Fairy to hear. :) I LOVE any of the cooking shows, and I did just watch Top Chef: Desserts this past week. That guy falling apart during the challenge...that was a bit much for me. :) I can get that stuff in my house. I wasn't happy with the last Top Chef winner either. Anyway, hope all TV watching goes well in your house.