Monday, September 13, 2010

I call Do-overs!

Have you ever had one of those mornings where the best thing you can think of is to crawl back into bed, pull the covers over your head and call for a do-over? Yeah, that is my day.

It started out OK. Levi got up, ate, got dressed and happily headed off to school. When we got back from dropping him off I made breakfast for the other two boys. Bagels with blueberry jam (home made and very yummy) and sausages. Seth dug right in but Ahren declared he hated this food (which he doesn't) and proceeded to sit there with his hands over his mouth for the next ten minutes. Oh well, eat or not. The natural consequences will catch up to him later.

Then I hear the puppy madly digging at the couch and go to investigate. That dumb dog has half a biscuit in his mouth, stolen from Levi's plate on the counter, and he is burying it in the leather sofa cushions. While I am cleaning that up, I hear Seth say something about bleeding. Well, that gets my attention. I return to the kitchen and discover that he has taken the blueberry jam and smeared it over both his arms up to his shoulders. I blurt out WHY but get the 'I'm sorry, I don't know' response. When will I learn that they truly do not know why they do such things. I get him washed up. Ahren has eaten two bites of sausage and that is his whole breakfast.

I clean up the dishes, try and eat something myself, and ponder why oh why would a child want to slather himself in blueberry jam. No epiphanies come to me. While pondering this the puppy squats and pees on the floor in front of me. I throw his furry behind out and clean it up.

I plop the boys in the tub for some quiet and clean fun, and proceed to try and get some bills paid and letters in the mail. Oh no, now they are spitting on each other. I can see the tub from my desk so they can't deny what they are doing. After the second warning I drag them out of the tub and they are currently sitting wrapped in towels on different couches. I have given them the evil stink eye look and they are being very quiet. This won't last long, in fact Seth is now perched stark naked on the top of the couch like a little monkey.


Admit it, you want to be me. snort....

4 comments:

Stephanie in NC said...

Wendy, I'm laughing....hard! BUT only because I can SO relate! Little boys are the best!!:)

Deb said...

Yikes- definitely scaring me off having another child in this house. Perhaps these musings should be required reading for middle schoolers during sex ed- or when everthey have the class now and it shoudl be repeated quarterly until they graduate.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb

Reba said...

Tonight I treated our youngest (3) like a baby due to some behaviors. I tried to make it as miserable as I could. That child was not about to give in and let me know he didn't like it. He smiled the whole time. Ugh! Anyway, I had to smile. Jam on the arms? Because they are boys. I cannot explain them. I read a good book about boys/girls (Gender Matters) for school last year. Basically, boys will do something with no real reason for doing it. Just because they can...

Dawn said...

Hahahahaha!!

Just FYI, there is NO explaining boys. None. Nada. Zip.

Lol!!