Saturday, September 11, 2010

Feeling it

I have a special story to tell. One that left me in tears earlier this week. Unfortunately, the story is one that might hurt someone's feelings. A certain special someone who made our family possible by their very selfless-ness. I would not hurt these people for anything, but the story is so powerful, I feel I need to share it. So forgive me if this hurts. It's not intended that way. It's just a celebration of movement forward.

We have started using a brand new daycare center for the afternoons when I need to work. (Yes, I went back because the children I served didn't have anyone else) This new center is small, personal, and very loving. The perfect place for my traumatized munchkins. The first few days were a bit rough. Wild behavior, no idea what expectations were, emotions up and down and all over the place. The owner and director spent a lot of time with my boys. They understood their issues and felt it in their hearts what they needed. I couldn't have asked for a better situation.

Then, on Friday, when I dropped them off, the director pulled me aside. She said that Seth had told her how unhappy he was at his old home. Then he crawled into her lap and told her, 'But now, now I have a Mommy that loves me'. And I cried. Right there and then, in front of everyone, huge happy tears. He has a Mommy that loves him.

He did before, actually several times. it's just that NOW he feels it. I am so sorry for the other mommy's that he didn't connect with. They tried. They loved him too. He just didn't make the connection. But now he is. I am so blessed. This child is feeling it. That is the best thing I could ever hope for.

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it.

Reba said...

Beautiful story!

URBAN BLONDE said...

Wendy, I just love reading about your life! Keep on keeping it real!

xxx