Sunday, December 13, 2009

Picture Roundup and Bullseye Update

Bullseye is one smart deer. She came up twice last night and ate so we talked to the wildlife people and they were here this morning by 6am. We spotted her coming up the side yard so we scrambled to our positions. I was on the street behind our house where the deer travel across into some more woods. Another woman was at the bottom of the street on another pathway. Chris was in the house running communications. At 7:08 he called and told me he thought the guy had gotten a shot off and the deer scattered. I waited and held my breath. 

Nothing. In the meantime a man drove by me and slowed way down, probably wondering what a psycho woman with crazy hair was doing sitting in a mini van by the woods on a Sunday morning. I just knew he was going to call the cops and I was going to have to explain myself. 

Chris called back and said the man had not gotten a shot off, he had just spooked them by accident.  Just then I saw the deer heading across a yard towards me. I figured I should try and turn them around so they would go back to where the shooter was (that's tranquilizer dart shooter, for those of you joining the story late) So off I went on foot across the yards, waving my arms and trying to scare the deer. Yeah, that went well. Stupid deer just stood and looked at me for a while, then ran right around me into the woods. We will try again. And again. And again.....

I haven't posted pix in a while so this is very eclectic. 

Ashley is a trainer at her high school and uses Levi to practice wraps on. This is very useful in two ways. She gets practice and he gets slowed down!

Chris carving the turkey on Thanksgiving. Instead of a whole turkey I did several breasts. White meat is our favorite.
Look closely and do not be afraid. Teenagers can actually do laundry! I know, I know, shocking but true.
Levi lost his first tooth on Thanksgiving Day. He pulled it himself and was so proud! 
The kids drew a big picture of our family. There's Grandma and Grandpa B who were here with us visiting, They  added the girl's dad which I thought was very sweet.  And don't forget the dogs. 
Grandpa reading the Children's Bible to the boys. They spent a lot of time in his lap. 
Grandma gets in a hug from a busy boy. 
My mother and me. We spent a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking and laughing.
Our friends E and M came for Thanksgiving dinner bringing Miss Holly and her baby brother Henry. The little ones had their own table and were so excited they sat here for 30 minutes before we were even ready to eat!
Everyone got lots of baby-holding in. Henry is the sweetest little munchkin. Yum!
And more baby holding. There was a LOT of baby holding....
The girls took turns entertaining the little kids while the food cooked. 
Ring around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down!

Many games of ring around the rosey. I repeat. Many. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am so impressed that the top of your dryer is clean enough to put folded laundry on top. You don't want to see the top of my dryer, or washer. Let's just say they could use a dust cloth.