Thursday, December 10, 2009

Attempt #2

She came early last night, around 4 pm. She ate for about 30 min and left. I got home just a little later and carried a new deer block out to the feeder. I saw her head pop up in the edge of the woods, watching me. Hard to miss her with that red arrow sticking out. She walked towards me as I placed the new block, unafraid of me. As I walked away she began to eat. She stayed for another hour nibbling at the feed. She is a little thin but still alert. 

Unfortunately the wildlife lady was running late. Just as the doe left the lady called saying she was 5 minutes away. We will try again today.

The doe appears to be bedding down in the woods just next to us and coming to eat morning and night now. This is her only source of food since she can't eat off of the ground and there are no leaves to eat this time of year. I went and bought 4 more blocks yesterday so we can be sure she can eat until we can catch her and remove the arrow. 

3 comments:

ParkerMama said...

What a sweetheart you are. I hope your deer gets the help she needs soon!

A said...

I hope you catch her soon. Looking at the picture of her makes me sick to my stomach!

Anonymous said...

You have such a Beautiful Heart and Soul.
I hope that you know that the people that are around you and that know you know this and that to know you would be to love you.
"IT TAKES ALL TYPE OF PEOPLE,
TO MAKE THIS WORLD IT'S TRUE,
BUT THE WORLD SURE WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE
IF THERE WERE MORE LIKE YOU".

Jo
From South Australia