Thursday, April 02, 2009

Poo-peat

Poo, Round 2

  We have tried the treat bucket (he loves chocolate) special underwear (he loves Spiderman) cheering him on and making a big deal about everyone else going poo (which worked so well that Baby Holly, 20 months old, pooped on the potty this week) but he just isn't buying it. Now, he has pooped on the potty ion the past, and has shown me he can tell me when he needs to go. If he couldn't do these things I would just wait a few more months and try again. But he is capable of doing the doo doo, he just doesn't want to! So here is the current plan....

Reverse Psychology!

If he wants to poo in his pants that is GREAT! He can be as baby-ish as he wants, but that means he also gets treated like a baby. He will get a nap (he LOATHES naps) have to wear a diaper/pullup, and not get to do some of the things the bigger kids do. He will get extra love and cuddles, lots of encouragement, but NO pressure. He will be my baby. 

Day 1: He cried when I made him wear a pull-up and has been trying to convince me ever since he needs underwear. I just keep telling him it's OK, he needs the pullup to catch his poo poo because he is still little. I can practically see the wheels turning in his little brain....

4 comments:

Cathie said...

This is what just finally worked for us. I took it so far that I bought the biggest diapers and made him wear those until he pooped. I told him why and he did not like it one bit. It worked and now he is doing his business on the toliet. ONly thing that worked for us was treating him like a baby.
Good luck

Reba said...

I didn't even think of that. We did do that with one who kept wetting (with pride) just for fun. Put 'em in a diaper and had 'em in a crib while everyone else played. Anytime she asked for something (like candy) I had to remind her babies couldn't have candy... It will be interesting to see how it works for you!

Lisa said...

oh, you're good! I bet in no time he will want to be a big boy again!

Michelle Riggs said...

Love the idea! Can't wait to hear how is works.

I would love to know the name of the medicene you mentioned on my blog. Hopefully I would never need it, but I would love to know just in case. Could you leave it as a comment on my blog? My email adress is public, but my spam filter is blocking too many emails.

Thanks!