Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What am I up to?

I am officially up to my neck in Christmas preparations! On Sunday I made  9 batches of holiday candies, then tonight I made 4 more. I have quite a few more to finish by the end of this coming weekend so we can distribute home made goodies to all our friends and co-workers. i also knit my very first sock today! Socks have intimidated me for a long time (I have only been knitting 18 months) but I found some lovely yarn for $1.99 a skein big enough to knit 2 kids socks for charity. So today I took the plunge and it wasn't that bad! Once I finish the pair I will post pictures (although I live in fear that all the wonderful knitters out there will collectively gasp and wonder what the heck???) 

And it occurred to me that you all must be wondering what I fixed for dinner tonight. (OK, you may not be wondering at all but please leave me to my delusions. This is after 4 batches of fudge and many screaming fits, some of which involved the kids) What I made is so simple, so quick, so easy that is should be illegal!

I made.......Chili, cheese cornbread bake!

Pour 2 cans of steak chili into a 9" square pan and spread out. Add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Top off with one batch of white corn bread (makes an 8" skillet size) Throw in the oven at 425 for 20-30 minutes or until cornbread browns. Prep time: 3 minutes! My kind of meal. 

And now I provide you with evidence that children do not need expensive Rainbow play sets to have a good time. 




1 comment:

URBAN BLONDE said...

Wow! You've been busy! I've always wanted to learn how to knit so I signed myself up for lessons when my daughter was 6 weeks old.

Big mistake! My head was in the clouds. She's now 23 yrs old and I'm no closer to learning. I envy you your sock making!