Friday, December 26, 2008

Leading up to Christmas Day

The festivities started a week ago around here as the munchkins shared gifts with each other. Ahren was not too sure about what to do so Nanny helped him open his gifts. (The munckins are the 4 kiddos nanny watches, Ahren, Levi, Mina and Holly)
Mina was so excited to get a 'Dismey Pwincess' costume. 
The kids all helped each other as they took turns opening gifts. (I don't know why Levi is in pj's. At least he isn't naked)
Ahren had to be convinced to put down the first toy and open another gift, but soon he got the hang of things. 
Holly got some assistance from her Mommy and Nanny too. 
Mina's Mommy showed up with a bag of presents slung over her shoulder like Santa Claus!

We decorated sugar cookies. Or should I say, we obliterated sugar cookies with massive amounts of frosting and sprinkles. I took the boys shirts off because it is easier to get brightly colored frosting off of skin than fabric! (They went straight from the table to the tub)
Glad I didn't use the flash cuz we all might have been blinded by the glare. Poor kid, he is pigmentally challenged. 

I don't know why I put down newspaper. It only contained a small portion of the errant sprinkles. What I should have done is set them up in the driveway instead, with hose at the ready....
Chris surprised me with an early gift. I have been lusting after one of these for a long time. I mean, who wouldn't love a robot that cleans your floors for you while you sleep?

But that wasn't all....he got me TWO Roombas (Roombi?) Ignore the cheesy little face that had to get into the shot. Focus on the beauty of two automatic cleaning devices all for ME! 

We let Levi name them, so may I present to you Bob (on the left) and Tokyo (in white). Bob and Tokyo. I love you guys!!! (Chris, I know that cleaning devices are not considered romantic but you have made me so very, very happy!!!!!)
And here is Tokyo in action. (See the kitchen play set? I got it for a steal at the kids consignment shop. It's all hard wood and hand crafted. Score!)
My bestest Christmas present. Seeing one small curly headed tot here in our home, enjoying the holidays with us, giving us hugs and kisses and yelling, 'My turn, my turn' as the boys played together. I cannot even put into words how much my heart swells when I look at him. 
And one last Christmas miracle. PBJ's foster mother got permission to visit her in the orphanage today. She will let us know how she is doing and send pictures, and drop off some of the clothes we brought her in August. Miracle baby!

6 comments:

Lucinda Naia said...

I'm thrilled to read about the happiness in your home and heart - especially about PBJ's foster mom seeing her. Keep us posted!

There's a child that I sponsor in a baby home in Guatemala. During the last two weeks, six babies/toddlers have been transferred from the home to state orphanage (supposedly to prove no one is benefiting from adoption). It makes me ill to think about the children being uprooted and sent to strangers. The impact on attachment & development also concerns me. I just wish that Guatemala would "get it together"

Ellie said...

So happy to know PBJ is going to be checked in on~ I have been waiting to hear this!

Looks like the kids had a wonderful Xmas, AND SO DID MOMMA~! I want one of those Roombi's.... Well no, maybe 2 too~

HUGS
ELLIE

Anonymous said...

This is the happiest blog entry I think I have ever seen; from the Roombi(?), to Ahren, to PBJ. So many blessings. I just have goosebumps!!!
Love You!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Wendy!

Susan said...

Merry Christmas! I got a Roomba, too, and I am really excited. I expect him to be coughing and choking withing five minutes, though -- we have two teenagers, a 3-year-old and a cat!

So happy to hear about PBJ. I'm just now catching up on your blog and read the happy, happy news. I would have commented on that entry, but I was too eager to read the later entries to see if there was an update. And, boy, was it worth it! I can't wait to hear your news. And I can't wait until she's home with you and we can hear the whole story. What a family she has! You guys rock!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like fun!! That is awesome news about PBJ!!