Friday, December 12, 2008

PBJ Update

I know it's been a long time since I talked about my sweet little Peri Brynn. My heart has been broken into a million pieces and we just weren't getting any information that gave us hope. We have a new attorney who has been trying to get our file away from the old attorney with no luck. They finally drew up some legal papers and had him served forcing him to hand things over. He has agreed but he is holding out for money (it always comes down to money!) Unfortunately we may have to pay him something to get the files. If it comes down to money or PBJ, well then you all know which side we will take. I hate feeding the corruption but frankly it's such a huge problem down there that I feel hopeless to ever do anything that will make a difference. The only true difference I can make is in the lives of two small children and maybe help with a few more. 

So what we know is that the new attorney says the courts have ordered a new DNA test, one to be conducted by the Guat officials. These have been taking months to complete so they want to get it taken as soon as possible so that by our hearing in March we will have the results. At this point we are still proceeding with the grandfathered case and the hearing is not for an abandonment, but that info could be wrong or it could just change in an instant. This is going to be a much longer road to travel. There are moments that I just feel like I don't have the strength to keep going for another year, another round of documents, another nightmare to face. I just don't know. And then I think what the alternative is and I see her sweet little face as she reaches her tiny little hand out to touch my face, a smile barely touching the corners of her mouth as I nursed her back to health in a hotel room. Who else does she have? We have to keep fighting, keep paying, keep praying, keep doing everything and anything to save her. 

Our precious little angel girl Peri Brynn. 

9 comments:

Christina said...

Keeping fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers that things go well and sweet PBJ comes home to her forever family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I have been wondering how she is and what is going on with her case

whtmtnmom said...

You CAN do it, Wendy! You can persevere with the seemingly endless waiting as teh road stretches out longer and longer because she needs you and what is the alternative? I hope the hearing in March opens things up for her to come home in the NEAR future.

Anonymous said...

OH Wendy
You know I feel for you !
I do pray PBJ comes home soon !!!
Bless her little heart , she has been through so much in her short life .
And YOU !!!! you have done for her what only a Mom would do .
I've told you before you are not only her Mom , but her Angel !
I know how you have tried to "pretend"you are NOT living an adoption and tell yourself you are done . BUT then that darn reality fairy strikes you upside your head !!!!

This is the season for miracles so lets pray both of our little girls get theirs !

Blessings and hugs !
Paula

Vanessa said...

Praying things go well and she's home with you forever!!

StarfishMom said...

http://azhderianfamily.blogspot.com

This family is in my prayers...
but this little girl looks ALOT like your Ahren. Is it possible they are related???

Anonymous said...

You have it in you. I know you. This will be tough, but you will win. God is on your side and loves her even more than you do.
Love you!

Susan said...

She is a precious little thing, and you have been through so much with her. Of course you'll keep going -- that's why you're her Mama.

Anonymous said...

MI NOMBRE ES RODRIGO MUĂ‘OZ, REALMENTE NO TENGO EL GUSTO DE CONOCERLOS, PERO ME ENTERE DE SU CASO Y DE PJB, NO SE SI LO QUE LE DIGO LE PUEDA SERVIR, PERO TENGO ACCESO DIRECTO A LA "DIRECTORA GENERAL DE ADOPCIONES", Y LE COMENTO MEDIO SU CASO, ELLA PUEDE AYUDARLOS PRIMERO DIOS SIN TANTO TRAMITE. CUANDO USTED TENGA TIEMPO CONTACTEME. NO ES MI INTERES NEGOCIAR O GANAR DINERO, NADA POR EL ESTILO. SOLAMENTE PODER AYUDAR.
TELEFONO EN GUATEMALA: (502) 54046720 ESE ES MI CELULAR.
(502) 24432173 ESE ES EL DE MI CASA, SOLAMENTE LLAMEME EN LAS NOCHES A ESE NUMERO.

DIOS LOS BENDIGA