Friday, December 05, 2008

Can you say 'Moron'

I was reading the local news on-line today and came across an article that deeply disturbed me on many levels. It was a new article talking about the latest issue the Houston school district is facing. You see, since October there have been 7 teachers arrested for possession of drugs on school campuses. Almost all of the arrests came about after someone called the tip hotline and the police investigated. The latest arrest occurred today. 

Although that is bad, very BAD, that is not the moronic part. They interviewed the HISD superintendent and here is what he said.

"Honestly, I didn't realize we had this type of problem. But I'm kind of convinced now that we have some level of problem with some of our adults."

Then he goes on to say, "I think the majority of our staff members are clean, law-abiding citizens and we need to weed out those that are not." 

So after the 7th arrest ON a school campus he is 'kind of convinced' that there is 'some level of problem'. And what an idiot to say 'we need to weed out' the bad people, when it is WEED that most of them had in their possession. 

I swear, if my kids were in the HISD I would have yanked them out today and started home schooling. 

UPDATE: They arrested 2 more teachers yesterday afternoon, bringing the total to 9 since October. Gee, aren't the Houston schools just stellar......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can he be so ignorant!!!
Oh my goodness...can you imagine how many CHILDREN are affected by this. I'm sure these teachers were willing to 'share' with the kids too

Rose said...

sheeeeesh!!!