Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Dead

No, not our adoptions. Our home computer. It locked up a few weeks ago so we tried a bunch of button-pushing, keyboard pounding antics, but couldn't get it back up. So we broke down and called the experts. They confirmed it. Dead. Not just merely dead, but completely and irretrievably dead. I am so glad I have been backing up photos on discs, but there are still some I don't have backed up. Everything else I didn't care about, but the photos...... sigh.

I have to figure out how to use the laptop to download my pix now. Anyone who knows me understands that I am NOT computer savvy. Seriously, I turned the power on and off on the computer 10 times thinking it would fix it, and I was completely surprised when it didn't! (Go on you IT folks, have your laugh at my expense. Wait until your kids is having trouble in Biology and Chemistry, and then let's see who is laughing!) So figuring this out is already giving me a headache. I would rather buy a whole new computer AND camera than try and figure this out. So no new pictures for a while.

We have grass and the house looks so much prettier now. (But I can't show you) We have spent the week dragging hoses all over keeping it watered because of course, it has now stopped raining. Even when they said Tropical Storm Humberto was headed straight for us, it sensed our new grass and swerved sharply to the right. We now have the new sod anti-rain force field working.

No other news to speak of, so I leave you with a selection of Levi-isms from this weekend.

Mommy, are you a human?

What color are my bones? Are they blue or green or white?

My lip gloss is poppin. My lip gloss is cool. (He has been listening to the girls music)

Mommy, make the sun come up.

It was inside out until I made it inside in.

Mommy, I want to sleep naked.

No comments: