Thursday, November 25, 2010

Something You Love

by Ashley, age 15

My Family: They make me the luckiest girl on earth. When everything else goes wrong and I want to quit, I still have them, the best family ever.

Mom, thank you. Thank you for putting us before you, thank you for teaching me lessons, thank you for always listening to me. Thank you for never judging me. Thank you for being the best. i love you. We all love you.

Dad, thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for teaching me everything I know. Thank you for working so hard to get me whatever my heart desires. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on and telling me it's going to be ok. Thank you for putting me before yourself. I love you more than life itself.

Kaytee, you are the best big sister. You make me laugh all the time. Thank you for always listening and never judging me. Thank you for teaching me what really matters in life. Thank you for leading by example and teaching me what a great person should be. I love you.

Levi, you are what me and Kaytee wanted for many many years. When you were born it was amazing. You brought joy to everyone. You are so young yet so optimistic. you make every situation worth going through. Knowing that you look up to me makes me a better person. I love you so much lil p.

Ahren, you are mine. You are my mini-me. We may have different birth parents but we are each other. You came to us when we needed you most. We fought three years for you to come from Guatemala. We have the same birthday, 11 years and 6 minutes apart. You are such a sweet little boy who is always smiling. Ahren, you will win this battle. I will do whatever I can to save you. Do not let this disease win. You belong here with us. God, we fought so hard for this little boy and cried so many tears. Do not take him away from us. I'm not sure we could pull through it. I will love you now and forever Ahren.

Seth, you are our newest addition. Your story is truly sad but you're with your real family now. Just know that we will never abandon you and we will all love you forever.

Peri Brynn, you are our baby. You are ours even if you are still a thousand miles away in Guatemala. We will keep fighting for you. No matter what. I can honestly say we will never give up. When adoption opens up again you will finally be home with your real family. Never give up my little angel, we love you dearly.

4 comments:

Mamita J said...

Ashley, this is is beautiful! Your mom should frame this and hang it in the family room. I'm praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

Well if this doesn't make you cry , You better check your pulse .
Ashley , is wise beyond her years , she will be an amazing adult , I'm sure you are super proud of her !

Your P.A. friend
Paula

Ellie said...

Ashely - from day 1 when I meet your mom she has always said, you were an amazing young lady... I have never meet you, but know someday our paths will cross, and when it does, don't be suprised that you get a big hug.

Wendy - My soul sister.... Good Job...!

Enough said, I need to go and find some kleenex...

Ellie

Natalie C. said...

brought tears to my eyes...beautiful