Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is No News Good news?

Tomorrow it will have been three weeks since they took blood from Ahren to test for Muscular Dystrophies (there are different kinds) and another degenerative terminal disease. We still do not know the results. We do know that the results were back before the Thanksgiving week, but had to wait for the doctor to look at them and call us.

I figured that no one would be working all last week so I tried extra hard to be patient. Then first thing yesterday I called and left a message. Then today I left two messages and tried to backdoor a call to their office by going through a supervisor. Got the same voice mail.

So is no news good news? Or will I die from anxiety long before they ever call us???????

7 comments:

Diana said...

I hate it when their "day job" interferes with your life. Sheesh! The least they could do was care! Call their emergency number and find out when they're planning to be back from the Bahamas. My doctors were working all week last week except on Thursday. Good luck in finding them. In the meantime, keep breathing and try to not get caught up in thinking the worst.

StefB said...

I sure hope no news is good news. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Stefanie

Susan said...

This is absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy , I have been thinking of you knowing you are waiting for test results for Ahren . I remember when Mark had cancer in 1984 and 1986 and having follow up testing , waiting is the WORST part , atleast when you know what you have to deal with you can pull yourself together and deal with it, but the not knowing is torture !
Keep calling and calling and calling .
I'll be praying for you all !

Love you!
Sending hugs !
Paula Z

The Accidental Mommy said...

gosh I hope so.....

Ellie said...

Yes, no news is GOOD news. But, still, respect from those darn doctors. When this happened to me, I went down and sat in the doctors office until they would talk to me. I didn't wait till they called. That was before Angelena came home when they thought I relapsed with a mass on my kidney. I personally would call them and leave yet another message telling them I will be in their waiting room in 20 minutes looking for some answers, as well as a plan of attack... Call me if you need to talk!

bearie1 said...

My experience in this situation is that no news is just no news. When they finally do call you they will say something like "wanted to check with so and so before calling you" or "waiting to hear back on one more piece". And yes, you will probably feel like you are dying of anxiety before you do hear. Sorry that you are going through this and hope they call soon. Elaine