Thursday, February 26, 2009

Updates and OJ

We have done everything we can to be ready for the rest of PBJ's adoption case. Now we just are waiting for the court hearing on March 9th. It all depends on how the judge rules. If the judge decides the birth mother is competent, our case gets to continue as it is. If the judge decides she is not competent, then we will have to start all over again under the new rules. Knowing how Guat courts work, I seriously doubt we will get a ruling right away. I predict the judge will order more tests on the birth mother and then set another hearing. 

All of Levi's tests came back negative. He is back up to 41 pounds, but still not eating and having some problems. Once our new insurance kicks in March 1st we will be seeing a pediatric gastroenterologist. 

For those of you interested in the mission trip, I will post details as I find them out. We are shooting for summer 2010. The rest is still in the planning stage. 

I have a new, economically-induced hobby. Couponing! I used to do this a lot, back before I had so many kids and so little time. Well, now I have more time and am getting back into it. I started clipping coupons and downloading them off the web. I made a binder with drop-in sheet protectors to sort coupons by aisles of the grocery store. The first pocket is to place the ones I use each trip as I shop, and the pocket on the front cover holds my list. It takes me about 30 minutes a week to clip and sort, and about an extra hour at the store. I am consistently saving about 25% off my bill. The trick is to only buy the things you really want and will use. Just because you can get something cheap doesn't always mean you should buy it (unless of course you save up things to donate).

I am loving having time to spend with the munchkins. We baked cookies last week. Well, actually, we baked the ones left AFTER they ate a bunch. (These are the pre-made sugar cookies that come in a sheet, OK to eat the dough)





We have another model in the family! Levi ended up on the cover of the brochure for his private school. We didn't know until we got the registration packet for next year. How cool is that?
I also was asked if I would let the swimming place the kids take lessons at and Katie's teaches at use pics of my kids for advertising purposes. I said yes and we spent an afternoon last week getting their pics taken in the pool, Katie, Levi and Ahren. One of the pics will be on the side of their company van. As soon as I can I will get a pic of the van and post it.


Now you must be wondering what is up with OJ? 
A friend watched an Oprah show recently where they discussed what women do that forces their husbands to have affairs. Apparently if a woman does not sufficiently show her man that she cares and appreciates him, he will be forced to seek out another woman's bed**. So yesterday I noticed that we were out of orange juice, the kind my husband drinks every morning. OMG, I thought, he is sure to be out looking for another woman right now!!! So I jumped in the car and headed to the store where I bought the super-mega size of his favorite OJ, then immediately called him to inform him that he could abandon his search because Baby, I am there for you! I got the OJ!!! Whew, that was close.......

**I absolutely, positively DO NOT believe a person can be forced to have an affair. It is a choice, a very bad, horrible choice, and to even try and place the blame on the other person is ridiculous. And yes, I had to re-write this paragraph several times to be able to say what I wanted to without any curse words!

P.S. My silly hubby just laughed and laughed when I called him. 

6 comments:

Angie said...

Love the OJ story!

Anonymous said...

I do not know that great hubby of yours as well as I should, but I am certain that you are now safe from affairs with that OJ flowing freely in your home. Way to go on the save!!!
Love You

Anonymous said...

Also, praying very hard for PBJ. The hearing is on a special day that I do think can mean something!
Love You More!

Vanessa said...

ROFL!!!
I'll be praying for the case to go well!!
www.heart4children.blogspot.com

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I know it is hard to think that there might actually be a very caring person in the courts but lets hope on March 9th there is and that for some reaseon they actually want whats best for the child and gets her case done. I will be hoping with all hope that this is what happens. www.missmayita.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, if OPRAH said so, then it must be the absolute truth! I can't wait until she really retires. So sick of my MOTHER calling me to inform me I need to download said book so that my husband does not cheat on me!!! The NERVE! I love women who think because one man cheated on them all men are cheats. Mines not, won't be; never has been, thank you very much! See, you are not the only one who found that show very offensive! Heck, I don't even watch the queen and I have to deal with it!

Ana's Mom