Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The pull-up low-down

I have mentioned before that my dear sweet Ahren has the most adorable little cheeks ever, both upper and lower! Unfortunately, they don't make a variety of pull-up pants that sufficiently cover his sweet cheeks and he is always walking around with a one-cheek-sneak. 


He is doing wonderfully at pee-peeing in the potty, but the poo-poo thing is a bit more difficult for him. Therefore we must rely on pull-ups to catch those 'incidents' that don't hit the mark. This is where the problem lies. You see, when one cheek is peeking, it means there is a gap in protection. The integrity of the poo-poo containment system has been breeched. This is not good. Seriously. Not. Good. 

This morning the familiar odor began wafting through the kitchen. I asked Ahren if he had poo-poo'd and he said yes. I then told him to take his pants off and come to the changing table. He tried to do what I asked, but you see, it just wasn't that simple. He had missed the inside of the pull-up completely, and pooped down his leg and into  his pants leg. In trying to get his pants off he had it on his hands, socks, the floor, and pretty much all visible surfaces within a 5 foot radius. I scooped him up and headed for the tub. After 2 complete changes of water and lots of soap, he appeared poop-free. Just for good measure, I changed the water and rinsed him down one more time. (Just for the record, a 40 pound toddler who eats as much as a grown man can make a LOT of bodily waste) 

Hello makers of pull-up training pants, I am begging you, please design a wide-coverage pair of pants for those with a booty-licious toddler. I am begging you......

7 comments:

Marlene said...

ROFL! You "crack" me up! That post is Hilarious! You should be a professional writer.
Poor Little Guy... Poor Mommy!
Have a great week!
Marlene

Vanessa said...

ROFL!! A lot fo companies need to make full coverage items!!
www,heart4children.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Try "Goodnights" by Huggies...I think. They are pull ups made for "bigger" kids. I think Pampers also has a brand called UnderJams". He does have an adorable little butt!
Good luck,
Kara
www.hanksadoption.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

Too cute :)

I don't have your em address, so Email me please -- pretty please :)

Natalie C. said...

hy wendy, it's been forever since i have commented so i wanted to say hi and i am thinking about ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Get the GoodNights...They make them big enough and they offer more protection ;)

URBAN BLONDE said...

I'm so out of the loop on this other than being a victim of tv advertising! I was going to suggest the Goodnights I've seen advertised but looks like several people have beaten me to it! Good luck!
(and thanks for the laugh!) ;) He's so cute!