Monday, February 16, 2009

Interrupted!

I was at the computer putting together a message to my on-line instructor and taking care of some business when Levi asked me if he could wash his sunglasses off in the sink. Sure, why not. The bathroom is directly off of the living room, and he went in and I could hear the water running and him humming. I finished up and went to check on him.

I think I made a sound something like 'Grrreeehhhhccchhlllbbbftt'. He not only used an entire bottle of purple Kan-Doo kids Foaming Hand Soap (remind me to let that company know what I think of them!) but he had decided to clean the entire bathroom with it.

I mentioned under my breath that I was sure glad he didn't do that while grandma and grandpa were here, and he innocently said, 'Oh, I didn't think of it''. Well thank goodness for that!

Here he is, caught in the act. I didn't yell. I just grabbed the camera. He immediately said, 'Oh mommy, you can blog post this!' Um, yeah. He's got me there!


Hee hee, you think this is funny. Right? Mom? Funny.......uh oh.
The view of the total damages. Poor Ahren didn't participate but ended up getting soap all over him (collateral damages) The sunglasses are there on the counter and the foam soap bottle is in the sink. 


Here are the guilty, 45 minutes later. The bathroom is now sparkly clean (except for a few purple spots I can't get off the ceiling) and so are the boys. 


Now I think I will go look up the hours for the liquor store.....
____________________________________________________________________
Written before the above episode:

Well, it has been a little over 3 weeks since I lost my job and I think it is finally dawning on me I am not on vacation or maternity leave! Yeah, yeah, I know. A little slow on the uptake here! I have finally stopped dreaming about work. Stopped waking up thinking I need to get up and in the shower. Stopped planning my day to fit in errands and have-to's on my lunch hour and commute home. I am falling into a new routine and I like it! I know it will only be temporary so I need to enjoy it while I can. 

Today is just me and the boys. Katie has a Hurricane make-up day at school instead of the normal President's Day holiday. Levi doesn't have school, though. We are all three still in our pajamas, having bid my dear sweet in-laws good-bye at 6:30 am this morning. (More on their visit in a minute) The only thing we have on our agenda today is swimming lessons at 4pm. We may just go from jammies to swimsuits, just because we can! 

Levi is doing much better. Very few stomach aches and eating better every day. He has managed to gain 1 pound. (Thank you Blue Bell ice cream!) I still don't have the results on the Celiac Disease. Maybe today. His energy level is close to normal now, although about 5 pm each night he asks to go lay down in bed for a while. He just hits the proverbial wall around that time. Sometimes he is in bed for the night but sometimes he gets up after a bit of a rest and plays some more. Ahren likes to go lay with him and keep him company, and that frequently turns into lots of giggles. I need to get some video of the two of them giggling like little maniacs!

So as I mentioned, my in-laws were here for the weekend. We were all supposed to have gone to Missouri for their 50th wedding anniversary celebration the day before Hurricane Ike hit. It was a horribly hard decision to have to cancel the trip but in the end it turned out we got a lot more damage in this area than predicted. We did manage to convince the airlines to make our tickets re-useable, up to one year, so we will be planning a trip early this summer. We had a great time this weekend. it took Ahren about 2 minutes to warm up and soon he was going from lap to lap eating up the attention.  We didn't do anything special, just hung out, enjoyed each other, and enjoyed the kids. Yesterday we all went to Papadeaux's for lunch and ate fantastic seafood. All I can say is YUM!!!! Every time I go there I find a new favorite dish. I hope my in-laws enjoyed the weekend as much as we did. Poor levi is so sad they are gone. 

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad Levi is feeling better and what damage a well boy can do!! LOL!!
www.heart4children.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Oh, no! It looks like the sunglasses were the only thing that DIDN'T get "cleaned"!! Aren't little boys so much fun?

Ann said...

oh my gosh...my sides hurt from laughing (sorry!)

Of course, Elianna is NOT allowed to see these pictures. She doesn't need any inspiration.

Ann

URBAN BLONDE said...

(Thankfully!) my kids were too old once that foaming soap came out or I can just imagine myself cleaning up their cleaning messes! Everytime I see a commercial for that stuff I think no way is a kid just going to wash his hands and then LEAVE the bathroom.

I think even I might be tempted to play with that stuff! ;)

Glad Levi is feeling better! Hope you get some answers soon!

(my fav pic is of the two very sorrrrry boys! LOL)

Marianne said...

I love your post....I love more that you didn't yell at him. All kids will do this and it really is funny. Really.....what a great memory for him and you not only have the pictures to prove it but you blogged about it as well. Adorable your little men are...what a blessings. It's only soap. :)