Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The boys room is done

I bought these adorable little wooden letters in Guatemala. They are decorated with little hand-painted pictures of Guatemalan life, in colors reminiscent of the chicken buses. I have other keepsakes to add to the shelves, things that are special for each boy. 




Chris finished the boys headboard and installed it. Nothing fancy but very sturdy and durable. We used an outdoor enamel paint, 3 coats on everything, over a primer coat. It is as indestructable as any furniture can be without being made of metal and powder coated!

The first night the boys slept in their new bed this is where I found Ahren in the morning. He didn't fall out, but he was draped across the foot of the bed on top of the covers, sound asleep.
Levi has a friend who is the son of one of my very bestest friends in the whole world. We found out within 24 hours of each other we were expecting and spent our pregnancies inseparable. Oh the shopping and the brownies and the laughs and the brownies we shared! The two boys were born 1 week apart and spent the first 2 years of their lives being cared for by Nanny every day. They were twin sons of different mothers, alike as night and day, and yet as inseparable as their mothers were (and still are!) When we decided to adopt, I prayed for a boy just like my friend's son and God granted me my wish.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love seeing little buddies together!! The furniture looks great!