Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dream Home


Things are really heating up since we finally found some land to build on. The architect has finished the plans, I took all of our paperwork to the lending company yesterday to secure the construction loan, and we dropped off a frighteningly large check to the builder as our down payment. The good news is Chris didn't faint writing the check. Yeah! While we were treking around there the other night, one of the locals came by to check us out (picture on top) She had absolutely no fear of us. I think my garden plans may have to include a high fence, or this neighbor is going to think I set out a salad bar just for her. I have no idea when we might break ground. The financing has to go through first, and our plans have to be approved by the subdivision's building committee. It could be as soon as 1 month, or maybe longer. The construction could take 4-6 months, depending on weather, etc. I don't care how long, I am just thrilled we are finally going to have our dream (as $$ permits) house.

No comments: