Thursday, July 06, 2006



Those eyes........can you believe those eyes? They get me every time. It is almost criminal that a little boy could have lashes like that.

We got an update from the lawyers yesterday, but it wasn't good news. Each week for the past few weeks we have been told that the documents were ready and would be picked up from the Bureau of Statistics. They can then be submitted for final approval of the changes and we can get the adoption going. Once again, they were not available. The story is that the statistics office is changing over their system, and it has caused all paperwork to stop dead in their tracks. They 'promised next week'. Ahren turns 6 months old tomorrow and we have never even met him. We love him and consider him our son, but he is more like a virtual baby at this point. Real in our minds but with no physical reality. It is very strange. I have stopped buying anything for him. Most of the toys and clothes I have bought will be too young and too small for him by the time we get him. I can't even begin to predict at what age/size he will come home. All I am sure of is he will come home eventually and then I can shop!

No comments: