Friday, July 21, 2006

Rectification:
1 : to set right : REMEDY
2 : to purify (as alcohol) especially by repeated or fractional distillation
3 : to correct by removing errors : ADJUST
4 : to make (an alternating current) unidirectional
synonym see CORRECT

This is where we are stuck. Rectification. All for something so minor. The birthmom changed the baby's name between the day he was born and the time, 2 days later, she filled out the birth certificate. We now have finally gotten all of the original documents (long story why it took 6 months to get them) and they are in the Civil Registry now. The CR writes up the report on what happened and what needs to be changed, then it goes to the Gov't office in PGN to approve it, then the changes are made and a new corrected set of documents are issued. Then, and only then, do we start the official adoption process.
So, we wait. And wait. And wait. Ahren is growing, developing, learning new things, and we are missing it all. I am struggling with being patient. Chris seems much calmer with it all. Then of course, he is almost always calm and even-tempered. I am the one who tears around like my tail is on fire. What a pair we make! Chris prays and feels at peace. He just knows that we will bring Ahren home sooner than what I think. I wish I had that kind of peace. Instead, my heart feels like it has gone 10 rounds with a heavyweight boxer. Sore and bruised. My brain is full of thoughts that fly around banging off of each other in a fog. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? I want to slap the person who said that!

No comments: