Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hardwork Yardwork

I don't know why I can't seem to ever put the pictures on here in the order I want. I know how, but I am apparently too lazy to do it. Oh well, I have a very good reason to be lazy, and tired. Very tired!

Here is the finished kiddie cushion mulching of the play set. Four inches thick of soft specially-treated mulch to catch falling munchkins safely. (I am amazed at how much of the stain is gone after only 1 year from our over-priced name-brand set)

Mulch prior to relocation.
My best Green Acres impression. Photo by Levi. Hair-do by Mother nature.
Little super-helpers at the ready.
Nothing runs like a Deere! (Oh boy was I happy we had a tractor to move stuff)
Once the mulch was done, we moved on to the stone. Did I mention that the 3000 pounds was only 5 rocks? Yeah, boulders. I challenge you, stinkin landscaping munching deer to eat these!
5 rocks, 3000 pounds. 
King of what is left of the decorative bags of mulch. I need to get at least 30 more. 
Mr. Mad because I made him sit on the porch as we moved the rocks. We flew our kite (on the left) and colored with sidewalk chalk between chores.
Beautiful rock. Each year I will add to the landscaping. I figure it will take me about 10 years to get it the way I want it. So far I have only worked about 0.5 acres of yard. That leaves me 3 more acres to go......
This kind of work leaves some ugly hands, but the calluses are a sign of a person willing to work hard to get what they want. (That's my story and I am sticking to it!)


P.S. I have a secret. I never lived in the country, on a farm or anything close to it. I grew up in the city. I don't know how to drive a tractor. The horses belong to our neighbors and we just get to enjoy them. I am such a poser. hah!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

It looks great!!

Deb said...

You are too funny- you poser you. come north when you are finished with your Spring chores downt here- that is about the time I will be starting up here.

Love and hugs,
Deb

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Wendy, you have inspired me, I'm needing so badly to do some real yardwork and landscaping, now I'm on it!

Cathie said...

I am soooo jealous. Here in the north we have one day at 40's than the next day we are having snow, ice and all around yuck. Our new yard is one big mud puddle and we cannot even think about putting down sod till late April or if the ground ever does unfreeze.
I am also living in the country after being a city girl and plan on having alot of fun getting things together and planting a big garden.
Everything is looking great and I'm taking notes on what you are doing.
Cathie
Proud Mama to Caden Paul