Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cheer Mom

Katie tried out for Varsity Cheerleading last week. She did school cheer once in 7th grade and didn't like it. She has done competitive cheer instead, or like this year, got a job. I was surprised she wanted to try out, but then again all her friends are cheerleaders and that's who she hangs out with. Three days of practice to learn a dance, cheer, chant and the school fight song. Then tryouts in front of judges brought in from outside to make it impartial. They can have up to 16 Varsity cheerleaders, but the girls have to score above a certain score to make it. 

Katie? Yeah, she blew them away. They actually gasped when she did her jumps (with a 36 in inseam, it's amazing when she whips those babies around) 

How in the heck did my bald baby grow up so fast that she will be a senior next year????



1 comment:

Candy said...

LOVE the post you did about Angel, Nat, and Me...girl we just LOVE you just as much...Heck My HUBBY even loves you. He thinks you have as much personality as ME...Ok not sure if that is a compliment or not???Ha

So I am SO happy for Katie I knew she would KICK BOOTY

I will be back in town on Tuesday...Cassie and I are takeing the kids to Galvaston thur-Sun...then I will be back in town for another week...you are going to get REALLY sick of my beautiful face...HA

Anywho I can wait for Levi to get more Kya time...and I so need to talk as you know from seeing my post. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hugs