Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Staging Designer???

New carpet goes in this weekend, the hardwood repair person will also come this weekend. The paint on the trim in the sunroom just needs a bit of touch up. Closets are cleaned out, things toted off to storage, the waterbed is drained (more on that later) and I am feeling better about pulling everything together. That was, until just a few minutes ago......

The realtor told me they have someone from their office that helps with 'staging'. Luckily, I knew what 'staging' was and didn't have to look like any more of an idiot that I usually do. A staging person helps to re-arrange and organize things in a house to help it present to the buyers in the best way possible. (Thank you HGTV for that helpful lesson) So I get the call from the staging lady. Apparently, her title is Staging Designer. She is coming over tomorrow to help me depersonalize the house, remove extra furniture and create flow. Ummm, we still have to live there you know! With children. SEVERAL children. She wants to create enough walking space everywhere that 3 people can get through (a realtor plus husband and wife buyers) Does she mean side-by-side? And depersonalize? In what way? I have already taken down most of our photos and a lot of decoration type stuff. She is going to have a cow when she sees Katie's room is lime green and purple. Oh goodness, I think my brain is leaking out of my ears with the stress.....

We have to move the waterbed for the carpet, so we started draining it last night. It takes quite a long time to really get it empty so we already knew we would have to sleep in the guest room for at least one or two nights. Levi didn't like the idea of us not being where he was used to us being (next to his room) and he wanted to sleep with us. That was too crowded so I tried to get him to sleep with Katie. That didn't fly well either. So I slept with him in Ashley's bed. He was very restless and very active in his sleep. I think there were a couple other bed switches in there, so all in all it was a rousing game of musical beds at our house last night. Today I feel like someone used me for a tackle dummy. Ughhhhhhh.

No phone calls, no news, nada. The big Easter celebrations begin this weekend so nothing will happen now for about 2 weeks. I never used to hate holidays, but since those are the times all adoption related work stops, I no longer like them. They are bad, really bad. Sigh......

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I thought I was going to be a Staging Designer for a while there. It's always easier to decorate someone else's house! Hope you get it all situated and still feel "at home".

Isn't PGN open M-W next week? You still have a chance before Easter!!!

Crystal said...

Hey hey Wendy!!! How are you!!!! I am so sorry I haven't been around much --I have been checking your blgo and I saw you got in PGN with your baby girl!!!! YAY!!!! I am so sorry I don't know if you saw but we are adopting again and things have been crazy!!!

I promise to be a better blogger!!!! Please know that I am following!!! I am praying for you to bring that baby girl home!!!! :o)

Krystal said...

OK, now you've given me house fever! I was just telling DH that we should spruce this place up and put it on the market :) You do know that once you get the new carpet and the paint touch-ups and everything, you're not going to want to leave, right?