Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ignoring the phone now



Phone? What phone? I have way too many other things to think about other than the phone. (Is it working? Do you think that will make it ring?)




In other news, we have water in our pond and it is holding. It rained a couple of days last week and we ended up with 12-18 inches of water in the pond. It's a good start! It's still muddy looking water but it will settle eventually. If not, there is an additive that causes the dirt to clump and fall to the bottom, and it's safe for fish and wildlife. I have given up on the idea of catails and lily pads. Apparently they will take over the whole thing. Later in the year, once we get enough water and the level is stable we will stock it. Sunfish and bass of course, maybe some other fish. I don't know. The only fish I ever had were in a little fishtank and ended up flushed down the toilet.



The people that live next door to our new house raise thoroughbred race horses. They have two yearling fillies right now. At first, when we would go over there, they were so scared of us. After much coaxing and patience, they became used to us and are now quite friendly. When they hear or see us, they come up to the fence right away for some lovin'. One of the horses is especially fond of Levi. She lowers her head over the fence and nuzzles him. She will let me pet her, but if Levi is around she only has eyes for him. He will run up and down the fence and she follows him. It is a case of true love! I got this photo last weekend as she followed him back and forth. The owner said he didn't think she was very good racing quality so I am thinking of asking if he would sell her to me and I could just pay him to keep her stabled. She and Levi can grow up together! (Her name is Helen. I think I would call her something else, though. Who names a horse Helen????)

Levi can entertain himself with anything. Here he is pretending to be surfing. A piece of shelving becomes his surfboard and a pile of wood shavings a wave. I love to watch him use his imagination. He usually has all of us laughing out loud.

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Levi is too cute. Maybe you could surf with him and forget about the phone for a few minutes. You go and have a nive day. Let me think about the phone for you.

Hang in there!!! The phone will ring, she will come home and this will be very distant memory. At least that is what I have been told!!