Friday, March 23, 2007

No news yet


A Prayer for My Child

May you be safe and sleep soundly through the night,

May you be safe as you wake to the morning light.

May you feel our love from far away,

May it comfort and protect you throughout each day.


We will pray for you, our little one,

Until our time of waiting is done.

We will pray that you keep safe from harm,

Until the child of our hearts becomes the child in our arms.



My excitement is fading. I was so sure we would get the call this week. Here it is late on Friday afternoon and no call. The holidays are quickly coming and that means everything will come to a standstill in Guatemala for about 2 weeks. Gone are my hopes we will be bringing our sweet baby home in April. Gone are the dreams of travelling soon. I am tired of asking Why, tired of trying to make sense of it all. There is no sense. No rhyme or reason for any of it. Just the need for never-ending patience, hopes to stay alive, dreams that will eventually come true. I get down, fell sorry for myself, then pull myself up again and keep on waiting. Giving up is not an option. It will never be an option. God has led us to these children and we will not fail them. The strength comes from that thought. No matter how long it takes or how big the kids get, our children will be with us eventually.
I am done feeling sorry for myself. I need a swift kick in the rear and I will be fine. Really! But if the phone would ring, I would be better........... ;-)

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Oh Wendy, I have been praying for you all day. Why won't that phone ring??? This wait is so hard and nobody understands if you have not been through it. Hang in there. Oh, we can just kick each other in the rear.

Ellie said...

OK MISSY... You need to drive your butt up here to Dallas, and I will have no problem giving you that swift kick in the rear... AND THEM FOLLOWED UP BY AN HUGH HUG!!! AND some sloppy Angelena wet KISSES!

I know that this wait is just dreadful... Maybe the "KIDS" are waiting for their new room and pond to be finished! HAHAHA... You know, once Arhen gets home, daddy is going to have to take him fishen... IF MOMMY WILL LET HIM GO FOR A FEW MINUTES!!!

Ok.. Now, for real... What got me through the wait, (5+ years) was the daydreaming of when the baby got home. The future... try to imagine life in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years... Write everything you think of down, then when the time lines come, see how well you predicted the time... Also, writing it in a book, is a wonderful jounal, that you end up telling your most personal thought that you can't put on the blog... And it is a excellent keep sake for the kids when they get older. They can actually see and feel how you were feeling though this time of waiting....

HUGS
AND I AM PRAYING FOR THAT DAM PHONE TO RING!!

Ellie said...

OK... IT IS SUNDAY NIGHT!!! WEEKEND IS OVER~

Now, remember, if you get out on Monday, you will not get that phone call till Tuesday... So I still consider Monday a RAMP UP DAY!!! So, go get all you shopping, work, house keeping, etc. done, cause you need to be by that DARN PHONE ON TUESDAY!!!!!