Thursday, March 22, 2007

Senor Sillypants

I gave up on ignoring the phone. That wasn't working. I progressed to harrassing our agency. I e-mailed my contact and here is how the messages went:

Me: Any news yet? Are we out?

Bob: I will call, but don't stand by the phone. Watched pot never boils.

Me: OK, no phone watching. I have work to do anyway. Need to make money to pay for diapers.

Bob: Yeah right. You will be bugging me again by Friday. I bet, I bet, I bet.

Me: OK Senor Sillypants, I'll take that bet. I know I can hold out until Saturday!

Bob: Hah. I won't be here. neener neener neener.

I absolutely adore this guy! He always makes me smile. As most of you know, we accepted PBJ's referral and then I put together all the paperwork. It takes a ton of things to create the adoption dossier. I collected it all in record time. When I sent it all off, I let Bob know it was done. He sent me an e-mail with a dozen attachments and told me that now I could start to work on the second half of the paperwork. OMG! I didn't even know there was more. I mean, we had never gotten this far with Ahren's case. The thought of more paperchasing gave me nightmares, but I was going to whip it all out as quickly as I could. That's when he called me and told me the forms he sent were a joke, they were the forms for Russia! Boy was I relieved! I knew at that moment, though, that Bob and I were going to get along very well. I really expect him to do something outrageous when he does call to say we are out, but this time I am prepared. Now if I could just think of a good joke to play on him.......

So far this week there has been very little movement out of PGN. This is how it always goes. There will be a flurry of activity then long dry spells. There is no rhyme or reason to any of it. They don't sign off the oldest cases first, they don't treat all the cases the same and they have no prioritization system that anyone can tell. Some cases go in and out in a matter of days, others languish in PGN and take many many months. The other well known fact is that PGN is a giant black hole of information. Things go in and then there is no news at all until it comes out. No one can go and ask them about cases usually. They really frown on that. Every once in a while tidbits of info come out, but normally it is just a black box. A big, frustrating, holding the lives of our children in their hands, black box.

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Don't worry, I will watch the phone for you.

Natalie said...

That's great that you have someone so fun to work with! Let's hope PBJ gets out before April 1st...you don't even want to mess with that;)

Ellie said...

When this is all over, you are going to look back at that email and think....

Adoption in Guatemala has not only driven me insane, but the agency's too!

HAHAHA... Glad you can get a little laugh... As for doing somethng big to mr silly pants... Send him a SINGING TELEGRAM ON SATURDAY MORNING, OH SAY AROUND 5 AM TO HIS HOUSE! Just a little wake up call to see if he heard anything durning the night!!!

HAHAHA

HUGS