Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Checklists

If this week doesn't kill me then nothing will. Honestly, I am glad of the diversion of getting the house on the market. It keeps me from staring at the phone. I am working my way through my lists of what needs to be done. I met with the flooring guy yesterday and they are coming on Friday to put in new carpet upstairs. He is also scheduling a person to come out and repair a couple of spots in our hardwood floors. He complimented me on my tiling I have done throughout the house. That was sweet!
Next on the agenda is to put another coat of paint on all the trim in the sunroom, move some more stuff to storage, clean all the light fixtures, touch up the paint on the baseboards and walls, finish painting the laundry room, and on and on and on. Every time I cross something off my list, two more things get added. And of course I need to CLEAN it all. It's a good thing I started months ago with packing stuff and putting it into storage, doing little projects around the house and getting things pseudo-ready. It's never going to be perfect, but it is a nice house and we are pricing it to move FAST. I don't want to have to keep it in showing shape any longer than I have to!

Conversation with Levi:

L: I want a guitar
Me: You have one at home
L: No, not a guitar, a violin
Me: You want me to buy you a violin?
L: No, not buy me one. I am going to wish for one. It's a musical instrument.

What is this kid watching on TV?????

Funny Katie story: I told Katie she had to clean her room before the real estate agent came to see the house Saturday morning. As usual, she procrastinated and I had to push her to get it done. Saturday morning, just mere moments before the realtor arrived, she proclaimed it done. I took a quick peek and it looked good! Later, as I showed the realtor around, I was commenting to her about how hard I had worked to clean out all the closets so that they looked big and spacious, and with that I pulled open the door to Katie's closet. Holy cow, it looked like an avalanche! The realtor and I both started laughing. I turned around and there stood Katie all red in the face and she says, "I didn't know you were going to look in my closet" So now she knows that she has to keep it all clean. Goofball kid!

No phone call yet. sigh........

2 comments:

Angel said...

Oh you poor momma!!!!! WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? Uggghhhhh.... waiting for the phone to ring.... scared when it does....disapointed when it's just your friends... threatening hubby if he calls during the day and makes your heart jump again.... refreshing e-mail every 2 minutes. I know about it but you know WAY TOO MUCH about it. I pray you have wonderful news VERY soon. LIKE NOW WOULD BE GOOD! Hugs, Angel

Natalie said...

Don't you just hate when you finally get the house exactly as you want it...when you're selling it! At least that's what happens to me:) Good luck with everything. The closet story is pretty darn funny!

Praying your phone will ring, with great news, soon!