Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The World of Dance

I have never taken dance lessons. I am lucky if I can do the Hokey Pokey and not hurt myself. Up until this year Katie has always done cheerleading. She has done competitive cheer and school cheer (she liked the competitive stuff way more) The one thing she didn't like about school cheerleading was that it was so full of drama and the girls were not nice to each other. No team spirit at all. This year she decided to try the Dance/Drill Team. The only dance experience she had up until this point had been on session at a studio when she was 4 years old. That didn't stop her. (Nothing ever does, when she puts her mind to it) She tried out and made it and has been off to the races ever since. None of her coaches can believe she hasn't danced before since she is such a natural at it. (Proud mama here!) So here are some pictures from her recent competitions.
Mom, get that camera out of here. I am stretching!


Killing time in between performances.
Getting ready to head out onto the floor for their kick routine.
Laying around killing more time between performances.

Kick kick, dance dance. They won a choreography award for this routine.

Smiling for the cameras!

These are some really crazy girls!!!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

TOO CUTE!

They look like a great bunch of friends!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

YOU TO "PROUD MOMMY"

Krystal said...

I love the blue and black outfits! It's great that she picked up on dance so easily! I'm hopefully going to get to post about my niece Jordan & her cheer team tonight -- if I can ever get the video clip that I've been waiting for!!! Don't you just love going to all those competitions??