Friday, February 09, 2007

Roller Coaster Ride

There has been a lot of things going on over the past two weeks which is why I haven't been posting as often as I normally do. First, on January 29th the company I work for re-organized. This is a lovely corporate term for layoffs. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I am still employed here but I lost seven people from my team. I am angry, I feel guilty because I am still here and they aren't, I feel shell-shocked and numb. We have been working 10-12 hour days trying to keep up with the work (because it didn't get cut, just the people) and we can't keep up. Management seems surprised by this. I won't say much more because my mother always taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
We took Ashley to a pediatric orthopedist last week. They was some concern that one of her hips was not growing normally. On exam it was shown that one hip socket is extremely loose and has resulted in that leg rotatin outwards, causing pain in her knee. Once we get x-rays etc we will know the extent of the problem. Unfortunately, the only correction for this is surgical. If the ligaments can be tightened that will be done. Otherwise it might require a total hip replacement. My poor baby. This has been a very rough year for her.

Now for some good news. Peri Brynn is in PGN! The case went in in January some time. Now we just wait. One day we will get a call that says we are out, which means the final signatures are in place and she is legally our daughter. They will tell us when our embassy appointment is and I will fly down and bring her home. This could happen in a few weeks or months. PGN is a virtual black hole of government red-tape. We probably won't get any news while it's in PGN. This is the part where we are just supposed to wait patiently. To hell with that, I'm going shopping! There will be no cute little girl things left in the Houston area!!!!


And, the icing on the cake.......... we were informed yesterday that our case for Ahren has finally officially started. Apparently the birth certificate is done?? Our case was filed in family court on January 22nd. I am waiitng for confirmation before I do any backflips. We have had good news before that turned out wrong. I guess you could say that I am quietly hopeful. Everyone please say a prayer for this little guy that this is true and we will eventually be bringing him home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about the changes at your job and the health problems with Ashley. I'll keep you all in my prayers and also that things with your babies will continue to progress.

Krystal said...

So sorry to hear about poor Ashley -- hopefully there is a good solution somewhere! I cannot beleive that PBJ is already in PGN!!! This case has gone so smoothly -- I hope that you make a world-record, super fast trip through PGN!!! And . . . the news about Ahren's case is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!! Please, oh, please let it be the truth! This boy needs to come home!!!

Ellie said...

May prayers are with you and your family.

Quick guestion... We are going though Exray stuff for Angelena's hips. (Just starting) They seem to keep popping... She isn't in any pain, I just don't like the sound of it... The doctor said they will give her a sedative so they can do the exrays... I keep putting if off, because I don't want the to give her a sedative... What are your thoughts on this... As you have seen Angelena and know how small she is....

HUGS

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your daughters hip. I am praying that it will be surgery. Hope things get better at your job. Great news about PBJ!! Her case is really moving. So glad to hear that Ahren's case has gotten started. It is about time!!!

Crystal said...

I am so sorry to hear about the changes at your job and about Ashley--give that her hugs from a cyberfriend!!!!--I will pray for your family.--But I am so excited for you to be in PGN!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! She will be here soon you are so so so close!!!! And Ahren it sounds like things are finally moving!!! YEAH!!! I will be praying for you all!!!!!!

Angel said...

WOW!!!! WHAT A WEEK! I am sooo sorry about the stuff that is happening at work and your sweet girl and SOOOOOO happy about the adoption stuff. YIPPPPPEEEE! :0) Angel