Monday, February 19, 2007

Mommy and Levi Day

I don't get a lot of days off where I don't have a house full of kids but today was wonderful. The girls had Friday off and had school today. Chris worked all day. It was just me and Levi. I had lots ofplans to get tons of things done, but I knew it was going to be a struggle to have time for Levi and still get anything accomplished. So here is what we did today (after dropping off my carpool at the high school at 6:45 am)

Took pictures of the new outfit I got for PBJ yesterday. The shirt says Future Cheerleader. I can't wait to enroll her at Legacy AllStars and teach her to yell Think Pink!

We dumped out all of the toys all over the living room. (OK, not really WE, that would be more of a Levi standard move although I did step on something with my bare foot and do a little dance)

Laundry, laundry and more laundry. How can we be such dirty people? Or maybe it's because we are clean? I don't know. I just know we make way too many dirty clothes. I feel like Sysaphus and every time I get close to having it all done, the mound grows behind my back. (Sysaphus is the God who is doomed to continually roll the large boulder up the mountain only to have it roll back down just before he reaches the top)


Went to the grocery store and then baked cookies. Levi picked these out. Thank goodness for ready made cookies. Just place and bake. I love to bake from scratch but in a pinch these will do. (Who am I kidding! I am always in a pinch. Hee!)

Made a large batch of chicken spaghetti and divided it up to freeze. Pull it out, pop it in the oven for 30 minutes and dinner is served. Add a vegetable or salad and it's a quick and easy meal when we need it. My goal is to do more meals like this when we are in the new house. We will be getting a large stand up freezer and I can fill it with home-made goodies for quick nutritious meals.


I also loaded up the slow cooker with ham and beans. I will freeze this in dinner sized portions, too, after we have it for dinner tonight. Add some home-made cornbread and we have a traditional southern meal (except lower sodium and fat than the regular version because I use low-sodium turkey ham and low-sodium fat free chicken stock)
We also cleaned 2 bathrooms, cleaned the leather furniture and swept the floors. Did the dishes, wiped down the counters, etc etc etc. You get the idea!

Here is my latest crafty attempts. I learned how to knit this past summer. I started with scarves and baby blankets and have now learned how to make these little hats. My first attempts were ridiculous but now I have the hang of it. It takes me about an hour to whip one out. PBJ has a collection of them already. One to go with each color outfit she has. I joke with Chris that I am knitting her home. If I just knit fast enough I can make her materialize!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Aren't you supposed to rest when you get a day off??? You guys were busy!!!! Thoese hats are the cutest, and I am sure the PBJ will look adorable in them :)

Angel said...

WHOA BABY!!! Are you aways that productive????? WOWZER! I'm impressed. :0) ALSO... SO SORRY that they submitted the case without it being complete. SO WEIRD. UGHHH. :0( Angel