Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What Mom taught me....

My mother always said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'. But I don't want to be nice! I want to be mad and kick something. I want to lash out at all the people posting wonderful news about how their babies are coming home, and even worse I want to slap the people that complain because they have been in the process for 5 months and it's been sooo hard. I want to yell 'SHUT UP' at all of them. STOP YOUR WHINING!

I felt sad for I had no shoes,
Until I saw a man who had no feet.

That saying helps me find peace. I know people who have been waiting way longer than us. People who have never had a child before, and whose arms are entirely empty. People who have lost their babies, their referrals, their money. People who have been trying for years to have a child or adopt a child and still are slugging away at becoming parents. I should be ashamed of myself for complaining. I am made of tougher stuff than that!
So, I haul myself up by the boot straps, hug Katie, Ashley and Levi, tell Chris how much I love him, and face another day. I know there are many, many more days to face, but I can do it!

No comments: