Friday, August 18, 2006

Progress!!

WE HAVE PROGRESS!! We were notified yesterday that they have passed a short-term law in Guatemala allowing the Civil Registry offices to fix birth certificates on the spot. As you all know, we have been waiting for 7 months to get Ahren's birth certificate corrected so we can start the adoption officially. We were still a long way off from having it, but now, we may have it next week! Please pray that the rest of our case goes smoothly. If it all goes well, we may have him home by Christmas or his first birthday (Jan 7th) I can't believe how excited I was when I got the news. This is just a little bit of good news, so when we start getting bigger good news I may have to be scraped off of the ceiling! I don't think anyone who hasn't gone through this can begin to imagine what it is like. Week after week with no news, one delay after another, and no control over any of it. But, for now, we have NEWS!

No comments: