Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Down for the count

Since Friday night I have been up many, many times a night. Ahren is sick, really sick. And so am I. Oh wait. I am the Mom, I am not supposed to be sick! Ok, well, then. I am just not totally functioning.

Ahren: Double severe ear infection, sinus infection, asthma issues and high fevers. I spent over an hour last night, after giving him both Tylenol and Advil, wiping him down with cool wet cloths just to keep his fever under 102F. He slept on the couch and me on the floor next to it. No, wait, I didn't actually sleep as much as I twisted and turned and listened to him breathe.

On Saturday night I was up from midnight until 6:30 am. That's when Chris took over and I got to sleep a couple more hours. When I say up, I mean never closing my eyes. He can stop breathing in an instant, totally silent. I watched him breathe. And struggle. And cry. And beg for relief from the pain. Oh my breaking heart!!!!

Today the two of us stayed home. We didn't do much, but we didn't sleep. He wouldn't sleep so I didn't sleep. i tried to rest but frankly I really have no idea what I did all day. Shoot, the house isn't clean, no laundry done, i don't watch soap operas. I have no idea where today went.

I am hoping some sleep tonight might cure me. If not....I might just become a Zombie.....

1 comment:

Reba said...

Hugs to you both. I hope he feels better VERY soon and that you get some much needed sleep.