Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of those days

Today has been challenging. Not in any huge and ugly way, but in a small, annoying, irritating, grating on the nerves ways. It began when I woke up at 3:30am and could not go back to sleep. My brain was in hyper-drive and I could not quiet it. So I got up and watched shows on the DVR until the sun came up. (For the record, the first two shows of American Idol crack. Me. UP!)

Then when Ahren woke up and I went to change his bandages, somehow he had torn something loose and the wound was bleeding. That made him freak out. FREAK OUT. Poor baby. I really thought it would look so much better by now.

Today was rainy and cold (YUCK!) and when I went to drop Levi off at school they had decided to work on the ditches by the school, blocking all the traffic. Poor Levi was late and so were many, many other kids today. I guess the drainage is just that important they could not wait 30 minutes to block the road. They waited to block it until everyone was all lined up on a street with no escape. Then they brought out the orange cones and the flagger dude. I am surprised that some commando Mom didn't run his puny arse over. (Yeah, I thought about it...but he might have left a dent.....)

I finally made it into work tired and grumpy. In the early afternoon I got pulled out of a therapy session because our nanny was calling. It seems she loaded up the 4 kiddos (ages 4, 4, 2, and 4 months) to go pick up Levi at school but she got there early. She turned the van off but left the heat, the lights and the radio running. For 25 minutes. Any guesses why she was calling? Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler???? Yeah, the battery was dead. I ran out, headed to the school, snatched poor Levi who was the LAST child waiting (oh how sad he looked) and went to jump the van.

Now here is where the story actually gets better. I got the hoods open on both vehicles, my jumper cables out, and was ready to do the deed! Miraculously a very handsome young policeman came to my rescue. He even helped me get the grease off my hands. I would have hugged him if he wasn't packing! We got the van started, Nanny on her way home and me back to work.

Tonight I am serving leftovers and apologies. Isn't that the way of the American Mom. Hey, it could be worse. I could be serving up peanut butter sandwiches and an attitude. You know what? Today was not really so bad.


Reba said...

I am so used to Facebook, I am looking for the "like" button to click. I always appreciate your posts, for one because you are very real and another reason is the way you sum things up. Thanks for the reminder!

god mommy said...

Hmmmmm.... The version of the story I heard earlier from said nanny left out the part about the van's heat, lights, and radio staying on and running for TWENTY-FIVE minutes! No wonder.... :) ha!

And there is nothing wrong with left overs! This mommy loves left overs coz it means one less thing to check off of the "to do" list. :)