Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ahren-isms

As Angie noted, Ahren is definitely a little Chunky Monkey. It's not that he is fat, he is just BIG. His hands are big, his feet are big, his shoulders are big. He has a big appetite and a big personality. He also has a big mouth!

This is one ornery little booger. I initially worried about how his transition to english would go. That worry didn't last long. He now speaks at above a 3 year old level and has mastered the art of the insult, the joke and the trick statement. He is a comedian. A total one-man laugh fest. 

The other day as he was sitting at the table eating.
A: Mommy, this is my favorite mac-n-cheese and watermelon.
Me: That's nice honey.
He was eating french toast and pineapple. 

A: Mommy, I pooped on the floor.
Me: Ugh. Oh Ahren. 
I go in the bathroom and there is a nice little poopoo in the potty. Nothing on the floor.

A: Mommy, my booty hurts.
Me: Why honey? let me see.
His underwear is on backwards and pulled up under his armpits. Ouch!

A: You are a Tootie , Tootie, Tootie Butt (to another child)
Me: Ahren! 
A: Tootie!

A: Mina, you're a boy (said with a smirk)
Mina is really a girly girl, a wannabe Princess in the worst way
This is guaranteed to elicit tears, wailing and much dramatic response
All the while Ahren has the 'Who Me?" innocent face on a la Alfred E. Neuman

A: Daddy, I pee on the couch?
D: No 
A: I pee on the floor?
D: No
A: I pee on the dog?
D: No Ahren, you pee in the potty
A: Oh.   I pee on you?????

I am usually caught between a smile and exasperation with this boy! Isn't he glorious!!!

Oh, and when he gets in trouble he looks up at me with those huge deep dark eyes and impossibly long lashes, and he says:

'I wuv you Mommy'

And Paula, I need chocolate in the WORST way!!!! e-mail me and we can check flights and lodging. 



1 comment:

Vanessa said...

LOL!! And I thought I had my hands full with Olivia but I think I found someone in the same boat!