Thursday, January 01, 2009

Princess Ashley Turns 14

We don't do big birthday parties for our kids every year. Most of the time it's a small family celebration or they get to have a couple of friends spend the night. I know, we are probably going to pay for that in therapy bills someday but I'm willing to risk it!

This was Ashley's year for a big party. Throwing a party for her is always difficult. Since she lives with her father 4 hours away and her birthday falls the first week of January, we either have to celebrate during the Christmas break or not at all. So the festivities were set for last Saturday night. 

Take 1 birthday girl, 7 friends, 3 siblings, a stretch limo and be prepared for FUN! 

The limo picked us up from our house and we headed out to dinner at a local mexican restaurant. Ahren rode there with us, ate dinner and then headed home with Daddy. I have pics from the restaurant but somehow I managed to get a huge beer sign in the background of each one. Ugh! Nothing says happy Birthday like a Budweiser! 

Ashley wanted Levi to sit with her in the limo and he was happy to oblige.

Ahren in the limo. I think the amount of noise coming from the girls made him a little anxious!
Ashley opened her gifts in the limo. Cash, candies and a gorgeous blanket that was softer than anything I have ever felt. 
Her friends seemed to be having a good time. 
The requisite MySpace photo-ops.
Why do they always make faces???? 
The proud Mom, enjoying myself and trying not to think about how grown up my sweet baby girl is!!
They figured out how to take pictures using the mirror in the ceiling of the limo.
After dinner we cruised around for a while, soaking up the attention, then we headed for a local chocolate shop. I had booked a 2 hour party after the shop closed. We learned all about chocolate, indulged in a wickedly delicious chocolate fountain, and got to make our own candies. 
Smiles on everyones faces!
Here they are decorating chocolate bars (which they got to keep)

Ashley got her own large chocolate bar. She wanted the chocolate high heeled shoe we made, but she got the bar. Oh well, it still tasted great!
I had to include this shot. That is my Ashley. I can hear the voice in her head, 'Mooooooooommmmmmm!'
After dropping off everyone at their homes we headed back to our house, tired and happy. 

3 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun night! If it makes you feel any better, we typically do family celebrations and maybe something with a friend later...we just haven't gotten into the big birthday thing. I love your idea though.

Anonymous said...

A belated very happy birthday to her!!! Looks like a really fun night

Anonymous said...

Ash you are so beautiful!!! I wish I could have been there. Like you need one more old lady tagin' along...
Love You!!

Happy Birthday Ashley and Ahren!!!