Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fate smacks me upside the head UPDATED

I am now officially un-employed. Funny, driving in this morning they announced that the Texas Employment Commission has a $450 million dollar shortfall for un-employment benefits. Not exactly the best time to be job hunting, either. 

I wasn't upset that I got let go. I was terribly upset that I got let go and they are giving my job to others. People who have never done the work I do. The whole idea was they would be cutting jobs, and if your job wasn't needed then neither were you. So then why are 2 other people being given my responsibilities? Getting let go is enough of a blow to a person's ego without having to add this insult. There is not one person left who knows the necessary functions of what they lost. This should be very interesting. I will enjoy sitting back and watching. Karmic Boomerang carries an awful punch. 

In the meantime, I am so excited to have time with my family, to finally go get library cards for everyone, to visit family, to do projects around the house, to look for a new career. No more Mad Scientist. Now I am just Mad. hah! 

Life is good. 

Home e-mail is waitingforahren@yahoo.com  (Yeah, I know, I'm not waiting anymore!)


12 comments:

Angie said...

I was anxious to hear your back-up plan when you mentioned you had several of them the other day. Sounds like you have it all under control. Enjoy your time!

Ellie said...

um... Ok, I now need your email!

Sorry to hear you are not going to be the mad scientist... But, so glad you get to be a momma for a while!~ Which means, you don't have to use up your vacation time for Guatoberfest~ RIGHT~!

I am want to go SOOOOOOOOO bad, but you know the perdicament I am in... We will have to wait and see... But I did find a flight CHEAP... that goes through Houston... I thought Perfect... the plane will stop and pick you up~!

HUGS
Ellie

EMAIL ME!~

Deb said...

Wendy-

I am sorry that you lost your job,but happy that you will have more time with your family. Have a wonderful time with the kids.

Love to you,
Deb

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your job-do you have a home email addy? I've got an update for you!! :) (This is Jami-used to work for you a couple years ago). If you need an ear I'm a pro when it comes to lay-offs! Take care! ~Jami

Kim said...

I'm so sorry about your job. It does suck - but it sure seems like you have a good attitude. I hope you find something soon - but not so soon that you don't get a chance to do some of the things you want to.

Krystal said...

I am sorry that you lost your job, but so happy that you have everything under control. Layoffs stink, this whole economy stinks, and companies do not know how to deal with it. . .

Anonymous said...

So sorry Wendy. Enjoy your family and rest up for bigger and better things!

URBAN BLONDE said...

The Sh*t hit the fan here this week with rounds of layoffs everyday. So far my SO has survived (here in what we fondly call Houston North!) although there are casualties all around him and of course there's always next week. UGH!

That would irk me to no end to have someone replace me when I'd been made redundant. Small comfort that it will now take "2" people to do your job. Oh, well I'm with you on the karma thing, hope it bites them all on the ass!
(Did I say that out loud? HA!)

Enjoy the time with family. In the great scheme of life family is all that really matters. You never see the Brinks truck following anyone to the grave.

Vanessa said...

Sorry to hear about your job!! I know something will come your way soon! Just have faith!!

Susan said...

So sorry to hear about this. We've had round after round of layoffs here, and it's just awful. A lot of good people were sent packing, and that just stinks.

I hope you enjoy your time and find something a lot better!

The Merry Widow said...

Welcome to the Ex-Lexer Club! (I too use to work for you a couple years ago!)

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you lost your job. But it sounds like you have it all under control. I wouldn't expect any less from you! Enjoy your time with your gorgeous family!