Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful cont.

This may take me several days and several posts....but only because I have so many things to be thankful for that run around my house and demand things like being FED. Hah!

Opportunity. It was my great opportunity to be able to pursue adoption, to achieve parenthood, to have the true LUXURY of choice in my life. The opportunity to pursue many things. 

Education. And I don't just mean degrees, although those were very important to me and I worked hard to finish while also working full time. But education in the every day sense of the word. People constantly amaze me and I have learned so much about how truly good some people are and how truly bad some people are. I have learned way too much about the ugly side of people. Greed, self-importance, lying, cheating, stealing, and downright nastiness. Why in the world would someone be mean just because they can be? I am stymied by that one. 

Health. Good health. Energy to keep up with small boys who seem to run on energizer batteries. Energy to keep up with teenage girls who can shop for 10 hours straight and still want to visit one more store, pleeeeeeze. Energy to attempt to keep a house clean when it seems like the best idea would have been to have cement floors with a drain in the middle and a giant flush lever. 

Home. I have moved a lot in my adult life. I've lived in Iowa, Phoenix, Dallas, and now Houston. I have lived in several houses in each state, too. Most of them felt somewhat homey, but not the same sense of a safe HOME that this house feels like now. Maybe it's because I know we are here for good, or maybe because we designed it to fit us, or some other intangible. I don't know. I do know the girls say they like this house a lot better than our last one. We have 3.5 acres, a pond, a barn, space. It's very quiet. We are at the end of a cul-de-sac at the top of a small hill. Candy- we can have 1 horse per acre and there are plenty of lots left and some horse properties already built that are for sale.  Some right around the corner from us! (hint, hint)

More later. I have a date with a turkey now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life is so nice. I want to be there. I want to be you!!
Love You!!

And, yes, why are people mean just because they can be - I will never understand...

Vanessa said...

We can only dream of acres of land right now!! They're simply NOT selling anything like this in our parish and when people so move the houses usally go unlisted and sell before they ever move!! Seriously!! We may have to move to get it and we're thinking hard about it!