Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pix of our QUIET week

You heard right! Quiet. No blood clots, no thieving, no lawsuit threats, nothing. What a let down.....NOT! So instead, I give you how we boringly spent this week at Chez Chaos.

Ahren is in LOVE with his Poppi. If he can be outside with daddy then he is a happy camper. Last weekend, when Chris was mowing the back 40, poor Ahren was miserable. he could see him but not get to him. Little Houdini tried everything. He was caught undoing the chain locking the gate shut, dismantling the door knob cover on the back door, and trying to scale the fence surrounding the kid-safe play area. After he was done mowing, Chris took the boys for a ride around on the tractor. I didn't get a picture but i will next time. 

Saturday morning snuggling on the couch. My boys. I love saying that. My boys.
Beware, this picture is sure to melt your heart and bring a lump to your throat. It is truly miraculous how well these two adjusted. Oh, there are fights and lots of wrestling, but way more laughs and hugs than anything. We see almost no signs of jealousy, either, between these two. 
All I wanted was a picture of how cute Levi looked in his school outfit this day. Unfortunately the girls have taught Levi how to 'pose sexy' and I can never get just normal pix anymore.
Ahren copies absolutely everything Levi does, so here is his interpretation of 'posing sexy'. This kid cracks me UP!
Ahren has his own little buddy, too. One with super powers and all. You should hear him say Superman. It's too cute.
More super buddies.
We worried about levi feeling left out and misplaced when Ahren came home, so we have made the effort to have some special things to do just with Levi. He and I have what he calls our 'tradition'. We play Pirates of the Carribean on-line together. We started doing it the day Ahren came home, during his naps. Each day we got a couple of hours, just us. We are still doing it and it seems to be working. We also make efforts to take one or the other alone on errands, etc. Katie will come home from school and take Levi to get gas or something for a school project. It seems to be working. Levi shows no signs of jealousy against Ahren. Instead, he is more loving and his buddy than anything. Maybe it's because he had been waiting 'his whole life for a brother' in his words!
Is it any wonder posts have been few and far between with my little button pusher around to help?
Dressed for church. Handsome boy!!! (And no 'sexy pose!)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pix..all of them! Would you mind sharing where you got Levi's football sweater?? I LOVE it..and I have a little boy Levi's age who would love it as well! :-)

Wendy said...

I picked up the sweater at TJ Max in the boys section. Adorable and inexpensive! I got Ahren's pirate sweater there too.

Angie said...

Just how much land do you all have?
Love all the pics and the little insights we get to your life.

Susan said...

Great photos! It's so good to see Ahren with his family.

Vanessa said...

You have two remarkably handsome little men!!

Anonymous said...

It is all too wonderful for words. All I have are tears... I love those little men!
Love You!

Laurie said...

Those are 2 adorable boys! I am so happy they are adjusting well and enjoying ech other so much! Love the 'sexy' poses! Too funny!