Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just in time for the holidays

Guess what I got for the holidays? A big pimple! Right on my cheekbone. Come on! I am too old for this!!! Thank goodness no one is coming over to celebrate with us. They might run screaming into the night.....

Today was Levi's Thanksgiving celebration at school. Being the Mom that is Mostest, I realized last night that I was supposed to send food with him today. Thanksgiving style food. Not donuts. Panic mode set in. Wait, I cooked a free turkey this weekend and have the meat safely packaged away in the freezer. Pull meat out and thaw. Score! But what else.....I dug around in my pantry and found a bag of seasoned bread cubes for stuffing. Hey, when did I get these? I can't remember but dried bread can't go bad, can it? i poured melted butter and chicken stock over it, placed in a dish and threw it in the fridge. Voila - stuffing! Ashley went to the party as Levi's family and Nanny warmed up the food for her. I got a call 30 minutes before the party. Nanny said, 'Your stuffing is awfully, awfully dry. What should I do?' My answer, pour some more chicken broth over it, warm it up and send it off. Some of  it came back after the party and nanny threw it away. She explained that it really wasn't very good. Gee, and I tried so hard...... NOT.

Ashley is 13 years old but very tall. She must be 5'9" now. And gorgeous. As I mentioned, she went to Levi's Thanksgiving feast at school. Now, I look at her and see my little girl, but apparently that is not what other people see. Levi's teacher told her it was so nice that she came home from college just to be with her little brother. Then a couple of mom's were overheard discussing whether she was Levi's Mom or sister! Ash was 8 years old when Levi was born. Eight!!!! Then on top of it, the other Mom's acted like stepford wives and totally made arses of themselves. So bad that a ,13 going on 30 year old, noticed. Nice!

So Thanksgiving dinner at our  house is all me. I cook it all. This year it will be just us. The 6 of us. Everyone has their favorites so I will be making more dishes than you can count. Katie wants corn casserole. Ashley wants sweet potatoes. Chris wants homemade noodles cooked  in turkey stock. Levi wants rolls. Ahren, well Ahren eats anything so he wants it all. Or so I am guessing. Me? My favorite is stuffing. Stuffing with gravy. Yum yum yum. And cranberry jelly. So I will have both ovens going full force on Thursday and both refrigerators full. Life is good!!!! (Has anyone else noticed that Thanksgiving is a carb-fest???) 

Good night to all. Tomorrow I hope to post about what I am thankful for...but then again I think you all know what I am thankful for. I love them all so much.......













Ashley is my favorite child.
i love her more than all of the rest of them.
:)


Note" my blog was bogarted by my second child. But I agree, she is my favorite Ashley of all time!!!!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

LOL!! I know we have so much to be thankful for this year that I don't even know where to begin:)