Friday, July 27, 2007

What I love the most about being a Mom

When my teenaged daughter talks to me about boys, and listens to my views.

When my 4-year old shouts with glee and comes running to give me a big hug when I walk in the door after work.

When I see my wonderful husband holding our son and I can see the light in his eyes at the love he feels for him.

Laughter.

A child sleeping in my arms.

A warm body snuggled up to mine just to be close to Mommy.

Little helpers in the kitchen, the garden, the laundry.

The smell of my children's hair, especially after a bath or after they have been in the sun.

Itty bitty little toes.

Little arms that wrap around and hold on tight.

Hugs from kids who are now taller than I am. (Both girls are taller than me)

Tiny shoes.

The sound of my kids saying I love You.

Sticky fingers, drippy popscicles, Kool-aid smiles, running to get money for the ice cream truck.

Sun-kissed noses.

Being able to fix a boo-boo with a kiss.

Raising happy, healthy, spiritually aware children to be the best grown-ups they can be.

I love being a mom!

No comments: