Monday, July 23, 2007

The pictures I promised

Edited to add: Why oh why can I not get this to format correctly? I hates you Blogger, you booger!

Ahren is getting so big. He is very large for a Guatemalan child. In fact, he is just plain large for his age no matter what. I think he weighs only a couple of pounds less than Levi, who is 4 years old. He's not fat, just solid. His hands are huge!
























PBJ has a ton of hair. Very thick but fine. Soft and shiny. She has her crazy hair moments too!
We had a crib at the hotel, but as you can see, Ahren didn't exactly fit safely in it. We had him sleep in bed between us (think of sleeping with a 30 pound squid that wriggled all night)
The night we got PBJ she was a screaming mess. It wasn't us necessarily she was having trouble with. The FM said she had been crying for an hour before they came. She was sick with a cold, teething, it was her bedtime, and she was dressed in so many clothes she was burning up (onsie, velour shirt, flannel lined overalls and a denim jacket). Here is a picture of the baby they handed us, and then a picture of what she looked like by the next morning. Not once while we had her did she scream like this again. Oh, she cried now and then, like a normal baby, but not this terrible screaming.




























I had always wondered why Ahren's foster mother had never cut his hair. I mean, the poor kid was sporting a giant fuzzy fro! So I asked her. She said she was afraid I would not like it. So I asked her if she minded if I got his hair cut and she thought that would be wonderful. Katie and I took him to the place in the mall and he got to sit in a little car while they cut his hair. I only got him a trim, not a buzz. They love his curls and I just couldn't cut them off. So here are the before and after pix. We are definitly going to have to keep his hair short when he is older!





7 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh... What sweet precious pictures... Love the hair cut! He still is as adorable as ever...

And for PBJ... You are so right about who she looks like! Got to love these kids!!!!

HUGS

Heather said...

I decided to delurk...

Thanks for sharing your adoption journey. They are both such beautiful children. I am glad you got to spend time with them and hope you get to bring them home soon!

Dawn said...

You have such beautiful kiddos!! I am going to email you from your LRH address. I can help you with the picture/wording issue. I just helped another friend with it. :)
dawnz:)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are Beautiful! I love his curls! Why cant I have his hair? lol
Terri
Waiting for Abbie and Isaiah

Angel said...

HEU THERE FRIEND!!!! So sorry I've been out of touch. WOW! WOW! WOW!!!! You have had a wild ride lately. Such amazing and wonderful news. I am SO HAPPY that things are finally moving. I am so sorry for the struggle you have endured. I am so glad you have hung on to your babies. HUGS! Angel

Gail said...

The pictures are wonderful. PBJ looks so sweet in the "after" picture. Ahren looks great with his new haircut too.
Gail

Ellie said...

Uh.... It is Tuesday, and I know you have more pictures....

Come on women... Post some more!

HAHAHA... As if you don't have anything else to do!!!

HUGS