Monday, June 04, 2007

Ugly Monday

This is the message I received today regarding Ahren's adoption. Things are definitely looking very bad. There was a lot more information and none of it was very encouraging. If Ahren is deemed unadoptable becasue his birth mother was paid, then he will never qualify as an orphan to be brought into the US. No matter what. End of story. Now we wait and see if this is indeed true, because we have learned that information is not always correct.

Your case has been red-flagged. The status as of the arrest and the news reports of every WA case was that EVERY single case would be flagged as being ILLEGAL due to the admitted birth mother payoff. At this point, the Embassy (and possibly PGN) would consider the case invalid until proven otherwise. Some of these cases have NEVER had their POA (Power of Attorney) registered, the information is simply wrong about the status of the case and there is question whether the child is adoptable.

OK, how in the world would you prove that something did NOT happen? How can you prove a birth mother was not paid? You can prove that something did occur, but how do you prove it didn't? That is going to be impossible. We still haven't gotten proof his birth certificate has been approved. We have nothing, zilch, zero. Just worries and fears. Those I have plenty of!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, this is such sad news. I will be praying for Ahren, you, and your family.

Krystal said...

So sorry to hear this! I am so angry at the stupid WA people! I know they spouted off about bmom pay offs, but why don't we take a minute and consider the fact that they were NOT completing adoptions. . . that makes me think it was as easy as they made it out to be. Besides, am I the only one who noticed that he forgot one of the critical sign off points (the family court interview) when he was talking about getting the bmoms to show up for the appts? I am all for them investigating these cases and making sure that everything is legal, but it is ridiculous to say that you have to prove that it didn't happen!

Ellie said...

It's me here....

This one is for you and your family...


{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

You are all in my prayers....

Melany aka Supermom said...

My heart is breaking for you and little Ahren. I pray that just somewhere you will manage to get a loophole..that somehow he will be able to come 'home'

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

OMG Wendy!!! I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for your family and little Ahren.