Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Done!

Never, ever again. I will not move. You can't make me. The past 4 days are a nightmare of heavy rains, temps in the 90's, power outages, mud, mud and more mud. We had the movers come on Friday and they got all the furniture, applianeces and boxes of stuff. Then we planned on moving everything else over the weekend using Chris's truck and an open trailer. But the rains set in. We could move garage type stuff, but not all the lamps, pictures, etc. We had to use my mini-van for all that. Trip after trip after trip. I ended up taking yesterday off and finishing it by myself. Then I had to re-clean the old house because we had tromped so much mud through there. After 4 full days of hard physical labor in the blinding heat and humidity, I was feeling horrible. My head was pounding, my legs shaky and every inch of me is sore. I managed to finish it all in time to grab a shower and be ready to head to the title company to close on the old house. Here's where I hit a snag. I couldn't find any pants! I hadn't unpacked my clothes yet and I tore thru the house trying to locate the right boxes. I found shirts, I found dresses, I found lots of other things, but no pants. In the end, I wore stretch work-out capris and a t-shirt. It was that or pj's. (I was tempted to wear the pj's.....)

Today I am back at work, thank goodness. I have AC, a comfy desk chair and the internet. Life is good. I may not be back to normal for a while, but I am at least not sweaty. This is a great thing.

I will post pictures soon. I promise!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Yeah, moving is awful! I swore I'd never do it again after my last move...I hope my memory doesn't dim.

Elle said...

somehow this post gives me moving envy. Call me nuts, but something about unpacking your things in a new house and making it yours that I love. Now I've done plenty of moves in the rain and yes... it does suck.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad to hear that ordeal is over. Been missing you in blogland. Can't wait to see pictures.