Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mama Bear Unleashed

The news we received yesterday was so very very hard. It felt like someone had punched me in the stomache. It hurt so badly I couldn't even cry. Then something odd happened. I didn't feel sad anymore. It didn't hurt. It burned....and I was mad. Madder than I have ever been. So angry that someone could do this to an innocent child. MY child! Our son! The anger galvanized me. I started researching. I made calls, I wrote letters. I demanded answers. By God I was not going to give up and I was not going to go down without a fight. I was a fearsome mother bear fighting for the life of my child.

And here is what I found. The embassy has NOT declared our cases illegal. Yes, they are flagged and will be scrutinized more closely, but they have decided to look at ALL cases more closely. This actually started a couple of months ago and had nothing to do with Waiting Angels. Ahren's case has not even been filed yet, so there is no way it could be labelled as illegal. The message we all received, although it was from a source we considered legit, was not entirely true or accurate. It wasn't meant to be malicious, it was suppposed to be a warning of how difficult things are going to be. But it still remains that it wasn't true.

So the fight continues! It's not over until the fat lady sings and I'm not singing! We will do everything within our powers (legally) to bring our son home. In the event he has to remain in Guatemala we will do everything we can to insure he has a wonderful life and is well provided for. You cannot turn off love. You certainly cannot turn off a mother's instincts. Grrrr!!!!

8 comments:

Tam said...

You go girl! I pray he comes home to you.

Krystal said...

Girl, I tossed and turned over this one myself, so I am sooo glad that you guys are willing to dig in a figure out the truth. I know the source is supposed to be legit, but it just didn't make sense. . .if some of the POAs haven't even been registered how would the Embassy ever know that a case had anything to do with this mess? Maybe it was just a warning, and maybe that didn't get "translated" well - whatever the case, they have not met Ahren's Momma yet if they think it is over before it starts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up that fight for your son!

Melany aka Supermom said...

Good on you. I know you won't give up the fight...you just can't.

Yeah So said...

Sheesh I had no idea this was such a big issue. Good for you for demanding answers.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You go girl!! I am here to fight with you!! Let me know if I can do anything.

Melissa said...

Go, Mom, Go! Let those motherly instincts take charge of the situation. Good Luck!

Ellie said...

Mama bear has SPOKEN...

You chase down the BIG BAD WOLF and show him what you are made of!

HUGS
ELLIE