Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chaos Central

We close on the new house next Tuesday, the movers come on Friday, we close on the old house the following Monday. Katie leaves for camp this Saturday and returns on Friday (the moving day) There are boxes both empty and full all over my house. I got the plumber out yesterday and tomorrow the roofer and pest company come to finish the little repairs from our inspection report on the old house. I need to get all the utilities switched, the mail, the paper, the cable, etc to the new house. We have daily meetings at the new house to approve work going on and keep things flowing. I have a million pictures to show y'all and no time to upload them. You'll just have to be patient!
My new arrythmia meds are working better. Phew, I need the ol' ticker to behave right now so I can get everything else done! No more tachycardia (speeding heart rate) and only one arrythmia episode in the past week. I feel like a new woman!
I think the stress of the move is getting to Levi. He has been acting out this past week. Poor thing, with all the insanity his schedule is shot. More than one night he has gone to bed still dirty from a day of play. In fact, last night he fell asleep on the couch before I got the dinner dishes cleaned up. I ended up throwing him in the tub this morning while I got ready for work and he had a blast. I didn't want Nanny to think we are total heathens! (Nanny: Levi, what is that between your toes? Oh good lord child, you are growing potatos!)
Yesterday Levi once again removed hs underwear and then put on a pair of jeans. Nanny told me later she warned him that he would get his tallywhacker hung in the zipper if he didn't watch out. (Yes, she really talks like that! I love that woman) I laughed and laughed. I'm sure he had no clue what she was talking about. Luckily nothing got hung in the zipper.
I took Katie shopping for camp supplies this weekend. The rules clearly state that girls must have one piece bathing suits and to not even test this. If you show up with anything else they will drive you to Wal Mart and make you buy the ugliest old lady suit possible and make you wear it. So here is how it went.
Katie: I'm just going to wear a shirt over my bikini. That's what everyone is doing.
Me: No, it says you have to have a 1 piece.
Katie: (much grumbling) Ok, I will just get a tankini and pull the top down
Me: No, it specifically states no tankinis.
Katie: But Moooooooooom (it's a 3-syllable word) Lisa said it would be OK.
Me: Lisa is not in charge. The rules say....

Now replay this conversation 20 times verbatim. That is what it was like taking her camp shopping. I won. She has a 1 piece. It was either that or she wasn't going. I am such a mean mom!

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Thanks for giving us heads up on the teen years.