Friday, September 08, 2006

Not much going on

Another week passes. Ahren turned 8 months old yesterday. I have always loved that age. They begin to discover everything, are very happy, still snuggly, can't get into much yet, and just so much fun. I can only imagine what he must be like. We got a surprise on Monday, a very short video tape of him! He is falling asleep in it, but coos a bit and smiles. Here is a stranger holding him and keeps waking him up, and he is calm and happy. That's my laid-back boy! No news on the adoption front. I think Chris's hope he would be home for Christmas is not going to work out. We'll see. Miracles happen and maybe we will be the lucky ones.
I have toyed with the idea of visiting, but deep down I don't think it is a good idea. He is too little to understand. All he would know is strangers took him for several days, and about the time he got comfortable, gave him back. It would just be an upsetting experience for him. It would be purely selfish on my part to visit. One trauma, when he does come home, is enough for him to have to handle. Patience........

No comments: