Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bubble gum-ectomy

Sunday, after church, we were doing our usual little drive around, swinging by our new land to check on it (Yup, it's still there) I had given Levi a piece of bubble gum to chew to help keep him entertained until we got to the donut shop. Now, this child has been chewing gum for the past 18 months without ever having any problem other than the occasional swallowed piece. As we drove along, I heard him making a snorting sound. I turned around to check on him and realized he was trying to blow his nose. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was trying to get his gum. I asked him where his gum was, and he pointed up his nose. I could see one side was larger than the other, confirming the location of the missing gum. Chris was trying to decide if we needed to pull over while I plugged the other side of his nose and had him blow. Soon a small pink orb poked out of his nose. I grabbed it, and pulled. The gum stretched and stretched and then SNAP popped out of his nose. Chris is trying not to crash the van, I'm laughing and Levi is throwing a fit because I wouldn't give him his gum back. Eeeew! So no more gum for the little guy, at least not for a while. I guess we should be thankful it was up his nose, and not somewhere else. Parenthood requires a great sense of humor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy -

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Sandra