Friday, December 31, 2010

A Hot Mess

It's pretty hectic around here. Each visit to the hospital for Ashley takes about 4-5 hours. That's a big chunk out of a busy Mama's day. Yesterday I started laundry and threw one load in the dryer and one in the washer as we headed out the door. When we got home later I found that the dryer had not run. All the clothes were still wet. Rats! So I turned it back on and then started dinner, etc.

While cooking, I kept smelling poop. Wafts here and there. Bleh! I couldn't find it, though. Looked and looked, but the smell seemed to be moving. Then Levi shouted out, it's Seth. He smells like poop! Chris went to check his pants and Seth lost it. Screaming and holding onto his pants. When Chris looked, he didn't even have on any underwear. Big Red Flag. I pulled his obviously poopy-smelling pants off and discovered a poopy smeared rear-end. He's crying hysterically by now, and I am doing my best to comfort him and tell him he is not in trouble. Then I started looking for his underwear. The first place I looked was in the boys bathroom where I found a toilet full of paper, wipes and poo. There was poop on the seat, the lid, the floor, the tp holder, and the side of the bath tub. Thank goodness for Clorox wipes and gloves! I got a bath running and soon had him soaking off the dried mess. Once he calmed down enough, I asked him where his underwear went. He said the laundry room. I looked but couldn't find them.

That's when I noticed that it smelled like warm poop and it hit me. The reason the dryer had stopped? Because a small boy threw his very poopy pants into there to hide them. I reached for the door and held my breath. OMG, it was NASTY! Warm poop all over. Gag! The now-dirty clothes went back into the washer with a hefty dose of disinfectant, and the poopy drawers went into a sealed bag and out to the trash. One small boy got scrubbed down twice and then rinsed well. Mommy cracked open a bottle of wine and served dinner to the fam. Just another day in paradise. Or should I say, Pooperdise!


5 comments:

Diana said...

Yeah for RAD! Yeah for holiday stress! Yeah for Clorox! And yeah for a Mama who didn't completely lose it!!

((HUGS!!)) Hope today is better!

Reba said...

Oh my. I hope today and the new year is MUCH better.

Rhonda said...

That might be the best poop story I've heard yet! LOL!

Deb said...

and Chris is out buying a lock for the laundry room door now????

Hugs- lots and lots of hugs for you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Ashley. I hope she is doing ok. Hugs to you all.

I had a similar poop incident as a child but not quite so dramatic! Had a very bad intestinal download, so to speak, messed my pants and a few other things and was sooo embarrassed, I tried to hide it. Which, of course, only made things worse! So little Seth (and you, of course) has my heart-felt sympathy.....And just reading about the smell brought back a not-so-fond memory - I think it is permanently etched in my brain.

Sandra